Friday 31 August 2007

Trip 4 - Day 22

31st August

Oh my Buddha! I have a thumper of a hangover and just moving is hard work. A returns home at 09:30 and orders me to get up and "go shower. NOW!"

She says that she'll only be home for a few hours as she is working again tonight and possibly tomorrow night as well. It's definately not what I had anticipated when I came out here, but as I have said many times before, it is for me to adapt to her life rather than the other way round.

She prepares a meal which I force myself to eat and tells me that there is enough for me to eat tonight, then she's off out the door again.

My hangover is actually more than that I fear, as I have a streaming nose and even by mid afternoon, the headache hasn't gone away.

In the middle of the afternoon, I get a call from A who asks me if I believe that she is working. (WTF?) I say that I do believe her and ask why I shouldn't. It seems that she's had a phone call from one of the neighbours telling her that she should be at home and not out working all the time and that she is not 'good'. She asks me if I want her to finish work and come home and I tell her that it's okay. I understand that she is working to earn money and as I will be here for a long time, it isn't that important that I see her all the time. (I'd 'prefer' it if she were at home of course)

I finish the curry from this morning and cannot even be bothered to have a bottle of beer. At 20:00, I just give in and go to bed.

Expenditure :

Food money for A : 200 baht

No comments: