Thursday 30 August 2007

Trip 4 - Day 21

30th August

A surprisingly early start to the day ( 09:30 ) considering the late finish last night. I have 6 'man drink' vouchers from last night and it appears that I have acquired a three letter 'Thai' name of JOD.

I trade a few text messages with A and it seems that she will not be returning tonight either, but as it's the Thursday Bar Crawl, it's not really a great problem.

In the middle of the afternoon, Tai (Cherry Bar and resident of #13) suddenly appears at the door with a plate of KFC food for me and later on the lady from #2 calls to me and says that she's going to the market and asks if I want anything buying.

It seems that the women folk have decided that I am incapable of looking after myself, so I have become some sort of 'project'.

Later on, Nam returns to her room and we stand out on the landing and we chat about the previous night and she says that it had been quite busy for a Wednesday as "often there are only 3 or 4 custonmers all night". She has been out today buying 30 glasses for the Singha 'draft beer' that is being introduced on Saturday night at Gae's birthday party. (Only 40 baht a time)
She tells me that Adam is a bit worried about the beer not being cold enough, so in addition to the chiller for the beer, he is looking to keep the glasses cold as well. To this end, Nam has been researching fridge units and she proceeds to show me the brochures of the units that she's been looking at.

She also tells me that DiscoCol has paid for a party for Pim later in the year, but it seems that she wants an extra 2000 baht as she wants live music as well. (Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news mate)

The rest of the day simply passes me by and when I realise that it's starting to get dark, I SSS in readiness to get over to the FLB for the crawl (and free curry!). As I'm walking down the Soi, there are flashes of lightning and it starts to rain, so I abandon the idea of walking to Pattaya Klang to get a bus and simply jump on the first available motorcycle taxi. At the intersection with Soi Buakhow, we are nearly mown down by a bus just pulling out in front of us. I get a good view of the passengers in the back and BM Scumbag is sitting there. I call out but he is oblivious to my call and we shoot off weaving in and out of the traffic in front of us.

I'm dropped off in Soi 14 and it costs me 50 baht for the privilege, but at least I haven't got too wet. As I enter Walking Street, it's the quietest I think I've ever seen it in the evening.



I walk down to the FLB and Kevin is there with MM. We have a quick chat and then Scumbag arrives and shortly afterwards Volsfan turns up with a mate in tow. I'm asked if I've had any joy in sorting out a new PC and I say that I haven't as yet. Volsfan then tells me that he's got a laptop at home that he no longer uses as he finds it too heavy to carry about. He says that he'll check that it's still in working order and I can check it out and if it's okay, then I can make him an offer. (Cheers!)

MM announces that the free food is ready (Curry this week rather than pizza) and it's not bad. At around 20:40, we settle up and the crawl is underway. First stop is TQ2 and as it's before 21:00, Avatar girl is still on duty, so that's a lady drink and a small tip straight away. She says that she's not feeling too well as she is 'red', but the big smile is ever present.

Next on the agenda is LD1, where I am interested to see what 'improvements' have been made during their recent 2 month 'refurbishment'

Then Windmill in Soi Diamond where the girls have few inhibitions until the lights suddenly flash once and all the girls suddenly cover up. This is a valid reason to settle checkbin and make a departure which I'm glad I did as a couple of BM's were delayed when the place was raided just a few minutes later.

Onwards again and this time we troop into Dollhouse where I chat with BM Treacle and he tells me of some of the issues he has to deal with on a regular basis.

I am just settling in when it's announced that we are on the move again and the next venue is Living Dolls Showcase. I end up sitting right next to the stage, but I actually pay more attention to a couple of cute service girls that look after me very well. So a couple more LD's and the budget is in tatters now.

Once we leave LDS, the last stop on the crawl is to be Club Bouche, but as it's not a great favourite of mine, I decide to join Kevin in bailing out and having a 'nightcap' in the FLB and buy a couple of drinks for Da the bartender.

I finally collect the bag of DVD's that Kevin has given to me and head off to Marine Plaza to get a scooter taxi home. I am charged 100 baht for this journey which is over the odds I suspect, but I doubt I'd have got home any other way.

It's been a good night and I've met a few new people including BM's Golucky, Ned_Kelly, Treacle & Cecco as well as the 'usual suspects'; Hammer, MM, Volsfan, Kev0184 & Casper UK

Expenditure :

Scooter Taxis : 150 baht
Drinks; LD's & Tips : 2010 baht

No comments: