Tuesday 28 August 2007

Trip 4 - Day 19

28th August

A heads off to work and she thinks that she's going to be working tonight, so I 'plan' to have a quiet night in.

I logon to download my emails and I have a message from my ISP, but the issue of my webspace has still not been resolved.


Regrettably, I am unable to provide you with a timescale for resolution as our
diagnostics require further investigation. On your behalf I will contact our
faults team to request we raise the priority on this matter.


This mail is a response to one that I'd sent 4 days ago though, so I send a fairly sarcastic email to the helpdesk and cc it to the directors of the parent company and any other support email address that I can find.


This message was simply a response to my email of 24th August, so it just proves
that your internal systems are not working as they should. It took three days
from me sending you a mail explaining the problem for it to be logged and so far
it has taken three days for it not to be fixed despite assurances from everybody
that the priority is being raised and that it would be resolved in 24 – 48 hours.

I checked my access to homepages and the problem still has not been fixed, so the email from the Helpdesk was yet another false promise or downright lie.

Welcome to the absurd world of Demon non-Support

Will somebody please have the decency to explain to me why this problem has taken so long to resolve? I cannot believe that it is really that difficult to create an account
on the homepages server.


At 16:30, I realise that I haven't eaten since breakfast, so I decide to go and get a half chicken from the stall just past Noi's bar, but when I get there, it's closed so I cross the road and end up having a green curry and rice at one of the roadside stalls. It's very tasty, but I know that I'll want something else to eat later, so as I head back home, I buy a chicken & rice meal from a stall I've used before.

I get back and find that I have received a very apologetic email from Tech Support explaining what the problem was and advising me that the matter had now been resolved.

I upload my files to the server and then start the process of checking how the update of pages and features works.

Whilst doing this I get a text from BM Casper UK asking "Anyone up for the curry night tonight?". I send a reply saying that I've eaten, but if he does go to give me a call and I'll join him for a beer. He texts straight back that he'll be there at 19:30 and Kevin will also be there.

I break off from the computer to SSS and get ready. As I go to leave, A is just arriving home (?). It seems that there is going to be work Tuesday & Wednesday, so as she knows I'm out tomorrow, she's changed shift. She's brought Pad Thai for me, but says that it's okay and "You can eat tomorrow. You go see Kevin now." As I leave, I send a text to Kevin "C U in 5"
I arrive at Noi's and say "Hi" to Kevin, Casper UK, Scumbag & Lord Flash. Kolobos, Mulphy & Helicopter are other BM's that I recognise and of course Chef is busy collecting money from those that have already partaken of the curry (Jalfrezi was on the menu tonight and was once again very tasty I'm informed).

I grab a seat at the table when the girls go off to play on the Wii in the lounge and it's a very relaxing way to spend a few hours just drinking beer; chatting with a few mates and generally just letting the world go by. Kolobos is an extremely generous host and buys several rounds for the table as well as a bell ring for the whole bar, and with Kevin also buying, my checkbin at the end of the night was pretty small considering that I was fairly well gone.

Expenditure :

Green curry at food stall : 20 baht
Chicken & rice to take to room : 25 baht
Checkbin at Noi's : 225 baht

No comments: