Thursday 6 December 2007

Trip 4 - Day 119

December 6th Thursday

I have no idea what time I left the bar last night, but on the basis that I wake up at home with Nam at my side, something obviously happened, so just to make sure that it’s not a complete waste of money, I manage to find time for a ‘quickie’ before having to head off. This doesn’t let me off from a severe ‘earache bashing’ over not having my phone, so Nam couldn’t get in touch with me or for being ‘mau mak mak’ last night

Nam has also got up this morning as she’s going home to see Mama, so we leave together. She gets a scooter taxi, whilst I walk down to Klang.

Today, the Bar Crawl is an afternoon one in Soi 6 which I cannot attend, but I am able to meet the guys for a quick Coke in The Queen Vic before they all head off. This is when I am told by Volsfan that he had been at the Cherry Bar last night and whilst it hadn’t been particularly late, I had been pretty well smashed. Hammer overhears this conversation and says that at least I’m keeping up the Cherry Bar tradition.

On the way home in the evening, I finally get around to buying a new padlock for the front door, so now I’m reasonably safe from an unannounced visit from A and removal of everything in the house.

At 22:00, I get a call from Nam saying that she doesn’t want to work bar tonight and can she come round. I need to pay barfine and scooter which will cost me 400 baht. I just end up agreeing and 20 minutes later she arrives on a scooter. 100 baht for the scooter and 300 baht for the scooter rider to take back to the bar.

At least it’s not too late a night and I’m able to get a good nights sleep tonight.

Expenditure :

Tip - 500 baht
Bar Crawl - 40 baht (A coke in the Vic)
Baht Bus - 20 baht
Padlock - 120 baht
Barfine – 300 baht
Scooter Taxi – 100 baht

No comments: