Wednesday 5 December 2007

Trip 4 - Day 118

December 5th Wednesday

I wake up and Nam is still fast asleep and is still that way after I shower. Sense would dictate that I wake her and get her out of the house before I leave, but sense has not been one of my strengths out here and instead I end up giving her a set of keys to lock up when she leaves and I leave a ‘tip’ on the table with her bag.

I leave the house hat 08:00 and as I reach Sukhumvit highway, I realise that I have left my mobile at home. There’s no way that I’m walking back for it, so just decide to leave it where it is.
The day is spent continuing to appraise myself of procedures and starting to document how things are currently done as it is currently a word of mouth process which is not the way to do things in my opinion.

I have been asked if I can make myself available in the early evening to attend the launch party of the Paradise condo development in Jomtien Soi 7 which I attend with a couple of colleagues.

After the ‘bash’ at which each of us manages to demolish the best part of a bottle of Hardys ‘bubbly’, it’s time to finish up, so we make the decision to have a few beers, however it’s the Kings birthday today and many of the local bars are closed (including Country Roads and the We Are Number 1 GoGo). We end up in the Jomtien complex, but Fantasy Lounge is closed as well and we end up in El Coyotees which is in the process of being refurbished. Dire would be an understatement as to the quality of the staff working here tonight, so we leave and as there is nowhere else open, we head back into town as I need to be in Soi 8 for 20:00.

We park on Soi 7 opposite Amazing Paradise, so I see Nam sitting out the front of the bar and so I go to talk with her. The bar is not serving alcohol though, so we do not stay for a drink. I explain that it is Wednesday night and that I am working at the bar in Soi 8 tonight, but I will call in when I finish.

We walk round to Cherry Bar and the effects of the wine and the beer is already taking effect. It’s only 20:00 and I’m pissed already. MM turns up with his ‘wife’ as the FLB is closed for the night and later Volsfan turns up. (I don’t actually remember this until I’m reminded the next day.)

Expenditure :

Tip + Scooter Fare - 550 baht
Baht Bus - 10 baht
Scooter Taxi – 100 baht
Drinks – 210 baht

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Samba? music from your birthday Youtube clip. I really hate all that hip hop music they play in Pattaya.

Open a theme bar with Samba/Salsa/Sarock you'll make a fortune.