Monday 3 December 2007

Trip 4 - Day 116

December 3rd

I am awoken by the phone ringing and it’s yet another unidentified number. I answer and am not surprised to hear Nam’s voice. She doesn’t sound pissed, but I cannot make out what she’s saying as the background noise is too high.

I try to make it clear that I cannot hear what is being said, but have no idea if the message gets across, however after about ten minutes Nam hangs up. I don’t know if she’s planning on coming round or not, so just in case, I unlock the front gate and turn on a porch light and then go back to bed.

Next thing I know it’s 07:30 and the alarm on my phone is going off. SSS and I’m off out at 08:00 and I take a walk to the end of Pattaya Klang to get a baht bus into town where I am going to spend the day working on a PC away from any distractions. This is my ‘plan’ for the coming months, so my blog is likely to become pretty boring and repetitive I’m afraid, however it really isn’t practical to keep up the lifestyle of the past couple of weeks and hope to stay long time in Pattaya.

It seems fairly likely to me that my evenings are going to be spent alone in the main as I don’t expect A will return and I don’t think I’ll see the money that she faithfully promised to repay. In addition, I ‘plan’ to spend a few nights a week completely off the booze, so we’ll have to see how that pans out.

The one thing that I have to do today is pay the electric bill as it looks like A isn’t going to be paying as promised. So 656.75 for electric and 285 for water are paid. I don’t know when I’ll get to see the landlord about the rent that is now due, but as they have A’s number as contact, maybe she’ll get in touch.

In the evening, I spend 55 baht on stall food of a green curry with rice and an omelette also I buy a fresh case of bottled water. I also get more top up for the phone as I’ve been sending many texts (which haven’t been replied to).

A finally deigns to call me at 21:45 to tell me that I need to telephone the landlord to arrange for the payment of the rent for the month. She also says that she has the money due to me and claims that she’ll come back for a few hours on number five (Wednesday) in the evening. To be frank, I will be very surprised if either of these ‘promises’ is kept.

Trying to get the Thai at the other end of the phone to understand took some doing until I said “Six thousand baht on number two. Near Soi Khao Noi”. This gets the “I send someone to see you now” answer and within five minutes the rent is paid.

Midnight to bed alone and sober once again.

Expenditure :

Baht bus – 20 baht
Telephone topup – 100 baht
Electric – 656.75 baht
Rent – 6000 baht
Water – 285 baht
Stall Food - 55 baht
Bottled water – 50 baht

No comments: