Tuesday 4 December 2007

Trip 4 - Day 117

December 4th Tuesday

The alarm goes off and I’m up and out the door at 08:00 once again and it feels good to have some ‘purpose’ once again. The day is spent determining how existing procedures operate and it is clear to me that there is much that can be done to automate and improve the internal processes, however with little in the way of technical expertise on hand, things will have to be taken slowly in order that full training and clear documentation can be provided.

The day passes quickly and it’s 18:00 before I finally leave. Instead of going home, I walk down to Soi 7 and settle myself down at the corner of the bar in Amazing Paradise.

Many of the girls come up and say hello and start giggling, but I’m not particularly bothered. After 30 minutes, I sense someone standing behind me and when I turn, it’s Nam. She sits with me for a while and explains that the “Big Boss” has been taken ill at the bar tonight and “he go to hospital”.

There’s a collection being taken by the girls to buy flowers and other gifts. From what I’m told, the collection is actually for gifts to Buddha to say prayers for the boss rather than for him directly. On the grounds that Nam has said that she doesn’t want a ladydrink, the 100 baht that she asks me to give as a donation on her behalf doesn’t seem to be too big an expenditure.

Whilst on my second beer, I’m told that I don’t need to pay big money in the morning if I pay barfine, so with such a deal on offer I pay checkbin including the barfine and we go for something to eat. I’m introduced to the food stall at the end of Soi 7 where we have a meal of chicken, noodles and soup with whole garlic and chillies as an accompaniment. It’s extremely tasty and very good value and we’ve also bought a large bag of chicken bones for 10 baht that Nam is going to take home for “My dog”

We get a scooter taxi to take us back to Khao Noi and after a bit of messing about on the sofa, we move into the bedroom and it’s a great finish to the first day of a new regime.

Expenditure :

Breakfast (Apple) - 10 baht
Baht Bus - 10 baht
Beers - 140 baht
Barfine - 300 baht
Food - 70 baht
Scooter Taxi - 140 baht
Donation for Amazing Paradise Big Boss - 100 baht

No comments: