Sunday 11 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 94

November 11th

I’m woken by the sound of the gate opening, so it seems that A has returned home. She comes into the bedroom and strips off, then goes for a shower and climbs into bed. Just a simple “I sorry” and she puts her arm round me and unsurprisingly I’m instantly alert. I also realise that she has come home without Phil, so the next words were music to my ears. “Not do long time okay?” “Okay”

Afterwards, A rolls over and says “I tired”, so I just lie there with her in my arms until she falls asleep. A quick kiss on the forehead and I tuck her up whilst I gather some clothes together and leave her to her dreams.

A couple of hours later, she wakes up and prepares some food with the supplies in the fridge. We have a meal of Pork Loin with gravy, carrots, sweet corn and a salad of lettuce tomato and onion.

Then comes “I work again tonight okay?” “What time you have to go?” “Have time for you do me again”

It’s not what I was looking for, however being a ‘typical’ male, I do not decline the opportunity for some more intimacy. After ‘finit’, we shower and then A’s phone starts ringing. After she finishes, she tells me that it was Kye and she wants to borrow the scooter for 10 minutes to go to the market as Robin has their scooter today. A has told her that she can but it has to be straightaway as she will be leaving soon.

We dress and within a couple of minutes, Kye arrives. She goes off on the scooter and A starts getting her and Phil’s clothes ready for tomorrow. Just over ten minutes later there’s a toot on the horn and Kye is back. A goes out to meet her as she’s going to drop her back home on her way to work.

It’s now 16:45, so I logon to the Internet and the ‘plan’ is to check my e-mails and maybe get some posting done. Just 15 minutes later, my line drops and I realise it’s because I’ve received a text message. It’s from Kev and he says that he’s finally managed to make it out for a bit and did I want to join him for a few at The Rockhouse followed by some grub at The Pig & Whistle? (His treat)

I call him and say that I’d love to and to find out what time. “NOW!”

I change my shirt and I’m heading out the door within five minutes. A scooter taxi gets me to LK Metro very quickly on this Sunday evening and when I enter the bar, Kev is the only customer.

He starts building his playlist on the music PC and we spend a while looking up ‘old favourites’. We are both very surprised at some of the music on the system as it’s possible to get stuff from very non-rock bands such as The Carpenters, yet there is nothing available from The Clash.

Kev downs a few vodka diets and I’m on the Chang beer and they are sliding down nicely. Kev is still suffering a lot of pain from his back and he says that he doubts that he’ll be getting out in the evenings much as he’s always going to be anxious about getting his back knocked. A few quiet afternoon beers every now and then though could be a distinct possibility.

What he’s also missed is his roast dinners, so we get a baht bus to Soi 7 and have a meal at the Pig & Whistle. No booze, just a mug of tea each with the meal and then Kev says that he’s not up to any more and he’s just going to head back home. Rather than stay in town, I say that I’ll head back as well, but I’ll have a couple in Noi’s before going home.

A phone call to Joy to get her to book their regular bus and we’re met at the end of the Soi about 10 minutes later. Kev carefully clambers into the front and I jump in the back. Over to Khao Noi and I disembark outside Noi’s whilst Kev resolve holds and he’s not going to be persuaded in for a ‘quickie’.

I don’t stay too long and at just after 23:00, I make my way back home where I fall asleep almost immediately.


Expenditure :

Mama allowance – 500 baht
Scooter Taxi – 60 baht
Noi’s Bar – 250 baht

No comments: