Saturday 17 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 100

November 17th

First thing I need to do after getting up and showering is get out to the 7/11 for bread, eggs, a phone top up and a large bottle of Coke. Back home and brunch consists of bacon, eggs, fried tomatoes, toast and a mug of tea.

Next, there’s the laundry to be done, however there’s only the one load this week as A & Phil haven’t been about so much. Whilst the machine is doing its thing, I settle down to a read of one of the books passed on by Kevin earlier in the week and get quite engrossed for a few hours.

I then log on to send an email to a mate in England and this seemingly simple task takes over 30 minutes as the Webmail service keeps timing out as does the Hotmail account. The message has to be sent before 09:00 GMT, so I have plenty of time, but I do get somewhat frustrated.

Then I check the boards for recent activity and get up to date with who’s going to be around in the near future and what’s going on in town. I will not be able to attend too many events, so will have to be particularly selective when making my choice.

Kev invites me to join him at Cherry Bar tonight and as A will not be home I agree to meet him at 20:30. I’ll be drinking on my own tab tonight, so the plan is for a ‘Cheap Charlie’ night on the draught beer.

There’s a fair turnout at the Bar and I’m bought drinks by a few BM’s in town as well as by Kevin. At only 45 baht a drink, I do manage to get quite merry on ‘little money’ and have had a pretty good day today.


Expenditure :

7/11 Groceries – 99 baht
Phone Top Up – 100 baht
Scooter Taxis – 130 baht
Cherry Bar – 250 baht

No comments: