Sunday 18 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 101

November 18th

Off for meeting at 10:00 which lasts a couple of hours and when I return home Mama, Phil and ‘seeter’ have come back with A. Mama is busy in the kitchen preparing a lunch of bacon, prawn and noodles, whilst A is doing the ironing and ‘seeter’ is washing the scooters. Phil is playing on his computer games machine and everyone is engrossed until Mama announces that food is ready and we all sit around to eat a tasty and extremely filling meal.

After eating, Mama washes up and I discover that A needs to take Mama to get the bus home as ‘seeter’ is going to see friends in Pattaya. I also find that A is going to be working once again tonight, but she says that she will return after taking Mama to get the bus.

She is gone for a couple of hours as I’m told that they had just missed the bus in Naklua and A chose to wait with Mama for the next one. One benefit is that Phil has gone with Mama so our couple of hours of time ‘alone’ is put to good use and I don’t feel quite so disappointed when the time comes for A to leave.

I am missing having someone to cuddle up to though and A promises that she’ll be back tomorrow night and she will leave Phil with ‘Auntie’, so I have something to really look forward to.

I speak with Kevin on the ‘phone and his appointment at the hospital had been cancelled, so he’s still got his staples in. He asks if I’m out tonight, but I decide to just have a quiet night in.

I head out to a new stall tonight and get Pork with noodles I was expecting string noodles, but it turns out I get ‘flat’ noodles and so the meal is actually very similar to lunch (Ho hum). I also get a bag of what looks like Pork Scratchings but is in fact chicken pieces. Only 10 baht, so if I don’t like them, it’s no big issue.

I return home with my purchases and spend the night reading and drinking a single bottle of Chang before retiring for the night.


Expenditure :

Scooter Taxi – 120 baht
Stall food – 50 baht
Mama allowance – 500 baht

No comments: