Friday 23 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 106

November 23rd

I wake at just past 10:00 and stretch out an arm to touch Nam, but she’s having none of it. She’s sleeping and obviously intends to continue sleeping.

It’s just past noon when she finally wakes and after showering and dressing, we have a little kiss & cuddle but there’s no repeat of last night as she says she has to “go home, eat, talk with old lady, joke with baby she, have beer and go back to bar.

I’ve already decided that I am very interested in a ‘second helping’, so ask if it is okay for me to come to the bar and pay barfine again tonight. I also say that we will go to a hotel and not come ‘home me’. She is okay with this and whilst it might kill me, it would be a damn good way to go.

At 17:15, I get a text from Kevin inviting me to join himself, Lord Flash and possibly The Fiend tonight. I send a message back saying that I had an ‘appointment’ and ever the true romantic, Kevin sends me back :

“Fuck early! When shag fest is over pm me. Can meet then. I will be Soi 6 or Walking”

I get to the bar just before 19:00 and am there when Nam arrives. She says “Sorry I have to go do something and change shirt” and after putting her nametag and ID card on the bar in front of me, she heads off to a parlour to get made up.

When she returns, she looks great, however she is unhappy about the eyeliner and too much powder, so starts modifying the effect immediately. The Mamasan even comes over and gives Nam a full up and down look and says. “Good. Very good. Better for you; better for me”, so I guess that’s a compliment.

We leave the bar to go somewhere else for a while and end up in the complex on Beach Road with the boxing and Blue Lagoon GoGo at the back. We’re in the bar at the front on the right hand side and Nam knows who I assume to be the manager here. The two of them play the dice game with the lowest score winning and double for a jackpot. The end result is that Nam loses 40 baht (Well, to be fair she loses 40 of my baht).

We then return to Amazing Paradise for an early nightcap and by 00:15, we eventually end up at a place that Nam knows called Deeden Apartments on Soi Khopai near the junction with Soi 8.

We pull up and the bored looking guy at the reception area simply asks "How long" Nam tells him we want all night and after parting with 350 baht we're shown to a basic but functional room with TV and en-suite. A can of Singha is ordered from the guy that shows us to our room and this costs an extra 40 baht.

Expenditure :

Tip & money for scooter taxi – 1100 baht
Scooter Taxis – 500 baht
Barfine – 300 baht
Drinks for two – 1330 baht
Deeden Apartment – 390 baht

No comments: