Wednesday 21 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 104

November 21st

We are woken by Phil calling out at 04:30, so A gets up and goes to settle him down. It’s the first night that she’s stayed over for more than a week and she’s incapacitated and not in our bed. I’m not happy with the situation and nor is A and I know that we cannot continue like this.

I hear her get up at 06:00 and after showering and providing breakfast she’s off again. I know that I shall not see her tonight as I am at Cherry Bar and it’s going to be a late one as there is the England game on at 03:00.

I grab a few more hours of sleep and after getting up, I make a phone call to the bacon shop and they have bacon ‘pieces’ in stock. I walk down Soi Khao Noi to the shop and get my bag of bacon as well as half a kilo of sausages. The ‘usual’ lady wasn’t there today, so there was no ‘banter’ today and I just paid and headed back with a quick detour into 7/11 for more Coke and a loaf of bread.

Bacon, Eggs, Sausage, Tomato & toast for lunch followed by a nap and then a couple of hours on the ‘net and then it’s time to iron my shirt and get myself ready.

I walk down the top end of Soi 7 and cut through to Soi 8 at the Pig & Whistle before wandering down Soi 8 and the whole area seems bereft of customers. Approaching the Cherry Bar things are very quiet as well. Two guys then arrive and sit out front. They call me over and introduce themselves as Nohlsson1 & Gunshy. They are at the bar to pay their money for the FLB Bar Crawl tomorrow. I get that sorted and then sit with them and I find that it’s Day 1 of their first trip. They buy me a couple of drinks (Cheers guys) and I give them instructions on how to use the baht bus to get down to Walking Street as they want to go and see Keeper at the FLB to pay for their party that they are hosting. Whilst we’re talking, Kevin wanders along and as he’s also going to Walking Street, I ask him to help the guys out. (From what I heard later, it seems that they had a pretty good first night taking in Sisterz, FLB and a couple of barfines out of Angelwitch.)

When they leave, the bar returns to its quiet state until another guy turns up and says he recognises me from the Cherry Bar website. He’s a poster on Thaigers rather than Talk or Addicts, so I don’t know of him, however we know a number of people in common such as Rixkix & Alleycat. (Another beer is bought for me which I also appreciate). Next to arrive at the bar is Streamer from Sweden. It’s also his first night in town and he’s here to pay for the Ban Chang outing as well. (He also buys me a couple of beers so I’m having a pretty good night.)

The night continues; the beers keep slipping down and I end up buying yet another Ladydrink for Mint, but what the heck? 03:00 arrives and the TV’s are switched over to watch the football and when the 3rd goal is conceded, everyone knows that it’s all over for England and they will not be participating in Euro 2008.

I’m not sure what the time was when I finally left the bar but at least I made it and I woke up alone, so didn’t do anything too stupid I guess.

Expenditure :

Bacon & Sausages – 140 baht
Bread & Coke – 64 baht
Scooter Taxis – 150 baht
Ladydrink for Mint – 100 baht

No comments: