Tuesday 13 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 96

November 13th

05:30 and I’m wide awake and A is just rousing as well. There’s time to ‘do the deed’ before it’s time for A to get up and get Phil ready. Once she leaves, I simply go back to bed and grab another three hours sleep.

Today, I have to go to Big C to stock up on meat and vegetables as well as getting some scouring powder to try and clear the limescale from the floortiles in the shower. Basic food shopping is very cheap here and I after I get home, I compare some of the prices to those in England.

The local citrus fruits such as pineapple, lime and oranges are about 1/7 of the UK supermarket price; pork loin 1/5; chicken breast 1/3; bottled water 1/5 and Coke 1/4. Overall my shopping bill is 1/4 of what it would have been at home for similar purchases.

I then make a phone call to the ‘bacon shop’ to check if they have anymore bacon ‘pieces’ in stock. They do, so I say that I’ll be along in 10 – 15 minutes. As I get on to Soi Khao Noi, I hear “Jawd” being called out. It’s Kye and she’s on the scooter, so I’m given a lift the couple of hundred yards to the shop.

The lady in the shop asks me if it was my girlfriend that had dropped me off and I say that it wasn’t and she just used to be a neighbour. “Okay. I have friend who see you in shop before. Maybe you want to see her. She is very pretty.” I say that I do have a girlfriend and agree with her that Pattaya has many many pretty ladies.

I get my kilo of bacon for the princely sum of 50 baht and as I leave the shop, Kye is just returning with some shopping in the front basket on the bike, so she stops and I get a lift back home.

I’ve not been in long when I get another text from Kevin inviting me out for a few ‘early door’ beers again. I call him to find out what time he’s thinking about and he tells me Rockhouse at 17:30! I say that I’ll need to call A to find out what time she’s getting back and then I’ll call him back.

When I speak to A, she says “I have something ask you. I scared you angly.” I laugh and say “You work tonight?” She says that if I am ‘angly’, that it’s okay and she will come home. I tell her that I’ve been invited out by Kevin, so maybe I get a bit ‘mau’ tonight and it’s okay if she works.

I call Kevin back and say that I’ll be at The Rockhouse at 17:30. He says that with no Internet and no local farangs, he needs to get out of the house. We arrive at the same time and tonight Kevin is in a drinking mood. I should have realised that it was all going to get messy, but the beers were sliding down, the music was good and we were chatting and joking about anything and everything.

During the night, a guy turned up with a professional camera setup and the reflective screens. He wanted to see the mamasan or the owner, but as neither were there, he just ended up dismantling all his equipment after about 30 minutes and left. (He hadn’t taken a single picture)

I remember still being in The Rockhouse at just after 20:30, however all issues after that are all ‘hazy’.


Expenditure :

Scooter Taxis – 150 baht
Big C – 412 baht
Bacon Shop – 50 baht
Evening - ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better take it easy on the drinking, money and pussy doesn't grow on trees. You'll be back on England in no time if you keep up like this.