Wednesday 14 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 97

November 14th

I wake up on the sofa and see that it’s 03:00. I turn off the TV and just crawl into bed for a few hours. I reawake mid morning and try desperately to remember what the hell had happened the previous night.

I remember being at The Rockhouse and then …. Nothing

I go to get a bottle of water from the fridge and find that I’ve got 3 unopened bottles of Chang there and a bag of water (used to be ice) on the floor. I guess that I managed to buy these last night, so I call Kev to check the ‘gory’ details.

I’m told that we left The Rockhouse and got a taxi to Noi’s Bar where I apparently started trying to mess about with the girl that I seem to sit with on a regular basis. He says that she was having none of it and declared that I was “Mau mak mak” (No kidding!)

By mid afternoon, I’m feeling ‘brave’ enough to eat and it does make me feel considerably better.

Around 17:30, I make a call to A and we have quite a long chat. She’s working ‘boat’ again tonight and I find that I don’t really mind too much. Time has marched on and I need to SSS and get myself ready for my Cherry Bar duties tonight.

At 19:45, I leave the house and get the scooter to the junction of Klang & 2nd Road as I do most Wednesdays. I make the walk down Soi 8 and everywhere looks very quiet tonight and I’m not even hassled to go into the GoGo.

Cherry Bar is quiet as well. There’s only Sean at the bar until he’s joined by Matrix a bit later. Tonight there are parties on at Sam’s Bar and Best Bar as well as one in the bar right opposite, so I anticipate a long drawn out night. Whilst sitting at the bar, I’m being fed melon on a stick by Mint which is rather nice and I have to admit to having a few ‘naughty’ thoughts.

Matrix receives a call from Alleycat and I’m told that DiscoCol doesn’t want to come to Cherry Bar tonight, so the two of them drink up and then head off to all meet up in Walking Street.

The bar is virtually deserted now and the girls have little success in tempting any new customers off the Soi. The lady from the bar across the Soi then arrives with a plate having a whole chicken on it. She says that it’s for me and when I say that it is too much, I’m just told. “For give you much power”. I manage to eat the legs and wings, but cannot manage the breast. Kwan then takes the plate away and the chicken is stored away under the counter and not just thrown away.

There’s a trickle of customers coming to the bar, but it’s still quiet and it’s hard to believe that this is the beginning of the high season.

One of the visitors to the bar is BM Chang who created a Youtube video that myself, Kev & Chris Brewer watched incessantly last year. I still think it rates as one of the best video clips introducing some of what Pattaya is like to a newbie visitor.



He has a selection of other Youtube presentations that I think some of you will enjoy watching.

Changs Youtube Presentations

The other bars in the complex now have their girls up dancing, so Nam instructs a couple of the girls to start dancing on the bar to try and compete with the other bars for the few farang that are about. There’s little success unfortunately, however Chang decides that he is going to get Nam up dancing. This is something that neither of us has ever seen before and she is unwilling to do so until a crisp 1000 baht is proffered. This has the desired effect, however she’s unwilling to get up on her own and Mint joins her. There are many pictures and video clips taken (Mine have mysteriously been deleted from my camera by A. “It was accident”). Chang has paid out 1000 baht and I’ve paid out 100 baht for Mint to have a LD.

Later, I’m invited over to the other side of the bar to have a Sambuca with an ex Cherry Girl (Anna). She’s drinking with Eric and Innis, so I pull up a stool and join them for a while.

We talk of Eric’s impending nuptials and he tells me that he’ll be joining in on the Bar Crawl tomorrow as a sort of stag ‘do’. As 04:00 looms, I think about going home, but Chang buys me another beer and we decide to play pool for a while. We play ‘triples’ which is confusing to say the least. There’s myself, Nam & Neng v Chang, Aoy & Mint. We play three games and win 2 – 1, but few shots that we could really be proud of.

By 04:40, I finally head off to get some much needed shuteye.


Expenditure :

Scooter Taxis – 150 baht
Toilet – 15 baht
Ladydrink for Mint – 100 baht
Beer / Ice bought on 13th – 115 baht

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading about your life in Patts. Too bad the pics were deleted...would have enjoyed seeing Nam dance on the bar. Hope to vist your bar someday, and "see" all the people that you talk about.