Saturday 10 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 93

November 10th

I awake and send a text to A asking when she’ll be returning. She says that she’ll be arriving later in the afternoon, but Phil has a high temperature, so she’ll see if he gets better before making a final decision. I guess I’m resigned at this point to anticipating another night alone, but don’t say anything.

I make a trip to the local 7/11 to buy eggs, bread, coke, water and a much needed bottle of Lipo and when I return I cook have bacon, eggs & toast with a mug of tea for breakfast and I feel suitably refreshed.

By 17:30, I decide that the afternoon is now over, so I telephone A and unsurprisingly find that she’s going to work again tonight. She goes through the routine of asking me if it’s okay and there’s little that I can do about it except say that I really want her to return in the morning as it has been too long since I’ve seen her.

By 19:00, I wander out to get something to eat and investigate the carts immediately opposite Noi’s Bar. I get myself roast pork and pork wontons with bright yellow noodles and a bag of ‘broth’ for 40 baht and manage to resist the temptation to stop off for a beer as I’ve still got a few bottles in the fridge at home.

I eat my food and have two bottles of beer whilst watching a couple of films on the TV and by 23:00, I’m tired enough to go to bed.


Expenditure :

7/11 – 145 baht
Stall Food - 40 baht
Stall Food (Friday – not mentioned) – 35 baht

No comments: