Tuesday 6 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 89

November 6th

As she doesn’t have to drop Phil off first, A sets off a little later today, however we are both suffering a little from the night before. It had been a good night and A had enjoyed seeing a couple of her ‘friends’. I am ‘reminded’ that I hadn’t paid money for Mama yesterday and so I hand over a 500 baht note to A.

We get a call from Kye just before A drives away saying that the electric company would be round sometime before 18:00 to reconnect us. The first thing I need to do is get round to pay my fee for the visa run tomorrow, so I grab a scooter taxi and get there for 10:00. Unfortunately the girl hasn’t arrived yet, so I take a 20 minute walk around the block and it’s quite entertaining seeing a number of girls leaving the local hotels and jumping on to scooters to return to ‘loom’. I’m actually propositioned twice, but it’s far too early to even consider the idea and if they are just leaving the hotels, the thought isn’t particularly appealing.

I return to Witherspoons and sign the various forms for the Thailand landing card and the Cambodian visa as well as paying the 2400 baht all inclusive fee.

I decide to walk home from here and walk up Buakhouw and then left into Klang, where I pop into Carrefour to get a few basics such a Coke, baguette, lettuce & chillies. I also need to get my Internet connection renewed for the month, so I stop off at 7/11 to buy my top ups.

As I walk up Soi Khao Noi, I pop into the D2M English Food Shop to see if they have a pack of the Bacon ‘pieces’. They have, so I get a 1kg pack for a princely 50 baht and I have to say this is a great way of getting bacon suitable for sandwiches at a very reasonable price.

Once home, I make a very tasty BLT baguette which I wash down with a couple of bottles of water and then have nothing to do but wait for the electric company to arrive.

17:30 we are reconnected and at 18:00 A arrives home. The first thing she does is get a load of washing on the go. We eat fairly late and as I have a very early start in the morning, I decide not to bother with the usual Tuesday night beers at Noi’s Bar.


Expenditure :

Mama allowance – 500 baht
Scooter Taxi – 60 baht
Visa Run Fee – 2400 baht
Carrefour – 71 baht
Internet – 535 baht
Telephone Top Up – 100 baht
Evening Food – 150 baht

No comments: