Friday 30 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 113

November 30th

I’m being woken up and rolling over I see the stranger in my bed and it takes me a few minutes to remember the events of last night. I look at the clock to discover it’s just after 08:00. The little girl gets up and dresses and I think about managing a ‘quickie’ before she leaves, but I really don’t have the energy or desire, besides I think there was an element of beer goggles last night as she’s not as good looking as I thought she’d been last night. (To be fair, the picture doesn’t really do her justice.)

SSA40017

After she leaves, I go back to bed for a few more hours as tonight is to be another late one at Cherry Bar with an Addicts meet up.

I finally rise in the afternoon and cook myself a decent English Breakfast of Bacon, Eggs, Sausages, Fried Tomatoes and a Fried Slice. It may not be the best meal for the arteries, but it’s bloody tasty all the same.

Once I’ve eaten I feel a lot better and I watch a couple of DVD’s before deciding to go out early and see if I can meet up with Nam for a drink and a chat tonight.

By 18:00, I’m heading out and I’m welcomed by many of the staff at the bar. The Mamasan comes over to chat and check that everything is okay. Then I am aware of someone standing behind me; I turn around and it’s Nam. She sits down and we start talking. She says that she’s a bad girl and asks if I am angry with her about the other night. I say that I had been angry yesterday, but now that has passed. There is nothing I can do about, so there is little point in worrying. I say that I have to leave at 19:55 as I have to be at my friends bar for 20:00. I’m asked what I do there and I try to explain that I just talk to the farang that come to drink and try to answer any questions that they may have. She doesn’t really understand, however hard I try to explain.

She then goes on to tell me that she is trouble with ‘big boss’ because the other night when I left her, she hadn’t gone home, but returned to the bar instead. She then had a fight with the girl that I’d kissed, and the result was that she’s on a final warning and had to apologise to the other girl.

We finally come to an agreement that I’ll call in at the bar once I finish at Cherry Bar. I say that if the bar is busy, it will be about 04:00, but if it is quietr, then I may get away between 02:00 and 03:00. I think that everything is clear and settle my checkbin and make my way to Cherry Bar.

A few guys from the Addicts board arrive at the bar and Dudebrah has a girl with him who I recognise. He tells me that she’s one of the dancers in Oasis GoGo and he’d barfined her on the crawl last night.

The night is fairly quiet with long spells of their being no customers at the bar. The same situation can be seen in many of the surrounding bars, so high season for the bar owners still hasn’t ‘kicked in’

I suddenly see out of the corner of my eye a customer that I didn’t want to see. Nam is entering the bar; this is not good, so I quickly go over to chat with her and she says that she wants to go out and buy a new top to look sexy, so can I pay barfine for her. I do not want any sort of scene here, so just give her 300 baht and tell her that I’ll see her at her bar when I finish. She heads off and I get a few quizzical looks from the girls, but nothing is said.

Later in the night at just after midnight, I am chatting with one of the customers about West Ham United and listening to his stories of having a minicab firm that used to run a lot of the players around back in the late 1960’s, when Nam turns up again. She has a new top and she does indeed look very sexy, however I am busy and cannot spend any time with her. The guy I’m talking with buys her a drink though and she has a whiskey. It’s pretty obvious that she is fairly well pissed now and I am worried that she’ll start shouting like she did the other night. She tells me that she came to the bar to see if I had been telling her the truth and then she says “If you do this, then I think you not have much money”. I tell her that she is right and I don’t have much money. She then starts crying saying that I should have told her and that she is a bad girl because she made me spend money the other day for nothing and I’d paid barfine for today for no reason.

All I can do is tell her not to worry about it and I’ll see her when I finish. I reckon the bamboo telegraph is in full swing now, so I’ll just have to see who hears what about this episode.

At 02:00, business picks up a little and there’s a fairly busy hour where I talk with another boardie about what he’d done during the day. He’d had a good time in Sri Racha at the Assumpta schoold watching a football game and then having dinner and drinks with some of the teachers. By 03:00 though, there’s only two customers and they are both more interested in talking with their partners than me, so I say my goodbyes to the girls and make my way down the Soi.

When I get to Amazing Paradise, Joan informs me that Nam was mau and had gone home, which I could fully believe. She asks me if I want to take a different lady home and I decline the offer.

I get indoors and sit for a few minutes trying to make sense of everything that is happening, but it makes little sense, so I just switch the lights off and make my way to bed.


Expenditure :

Tip and scooter for LT – 1100 baht
Scooter Taxis – 150 baht
Drinks at Amazing Paradise – 400 baht
Barfine – 300 baht

No comments: