Sunday 25 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 108

November 25th

I don’t surface until lunchtime and feel much refreshed. I get up and make myself a cup of tea and as I start to drink it, A arrives home. There’s a smile on her face, so that pleases me as it’s something that hasn’t been there for far too long.

She comes and sits next to me and I check with her that Phil is okay. She says that he is now staying with ‘seeter’ as it is easier for school.

A tells me that she wants to change job from shop as “have new boss” and “I no like”. This is also one of the reasons that Phil has moved out I discover. ‘New boss’ told A that she couldn’t have a break in the afternoon to collect Phil from school. I then get a ‘story’ about going for a new job selling in shop, but “need to have guarantee”.

I don’t really understand what is being said until the request for money is made. (I have deliberately kept our financial transactions out of the TR as it is no business except ours) I tell her that I cannot help out and indeed she is due to return a loan to me tomorrow ( “Number 26” ). She asks again if I can help her and I tell her I cannot. At this point the smile disappears and we are both now annoyed with the other. A gets on the phone to ‘the family’ and then we sit in stony silence whilst she watches TV.

She receives several calls and by 19:00 she says that she has to go as she needs to see family to get money. I remind her about ‘Number 26’ and she says she will call me tomorrow.

After she leaves, I head out and buy Pork Panang from the nearest stall and return to eat alone with a single bottle of beer. Getting to sleep takes a long time as there is much to think about.


Expenditure :
Stall food – 25 baht

No comments: