Thursday 29 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 112

November 29th

I wake up and feel absolutely wretched. I obviously ‘screwed up’ big time last night and I really didn’t understand why it was such a big deal, but obviously it was.

Classic newbie mistakes made include paying for a ‘service’ in advance and not being able to get a refund. And having paid for a room that wasn’t then used also galls me somewhat, but for some reason, I still want to see this girl again. Maybe it’s something about a feisty girl that makes it different to the usual supplicant girls that are encountered on a daily basis.

I have a lazy day reflecting on what is going on at the moment. I try to call A, but she’s not even answering her phone now, so I guess that another relationship is now dead in the water. As it’s Thursday, tonight is FLB Bar Crawl night. I think about not bothering as I don’t feel in a particularly good mood, but in the end, I decide “What the hell?”

I walk to Klang and get the bus into town which takes me 30 minutes all told. Jump off at the lights by Topps and head down Soi 7 to Amazing Paradise. I don’t know if Nam will be working tonight and if she is, whether she’ll even talk to me. I sit up at the corner of the bar and have just a single bottle of Singha which I nurse for nearly an hour. I’m watching the football channels on the big screens and listening to the music whilst watching the girls arrive for the start of another night in Pattaya. By 19:30, Nam has not arrived, so I simply pay checkbin and leave.

I jump on a baht bus and head off to the FLB. Walking down Walking Street, I make a conscious effort to look at the people out and about. As many have commented before, there are a lot of Eastern European couples about, but they don’t seem to be in the bars which are all looking very quiet.

A couple of beers to start with and then we are off in 3 baht buses to Buffalo Bar. They are a bit overwhelmed by the number of guys suddenly turning up, but there are plenty of girls on hand to make the wait an enjoyable experience. As I was getting sat down, I’d seen a real cutie on the other side of the bar, and whilst I’m waiting for my drink, she’s suddenly at my side gently massaging my thigh. She is an extremely pretty little thing called Arun and I find out that she’s 22 years old and has only been in Pattaya for 8 days. Her English is extremely limited, but she gets the other girls to help her in translation.

SSA40013

SSA40014

All too soon, Hammer is shepherding us all up to move on to the next venue which is Oasis GoGo. We walk down Soi Lenkhee and glance at the bars along the way. Captains Bar is still looking a good venue with several good looking girls sitting around the tables outside. We have no time to stop though and it’s in to the GoGo. Kev has decided to start the crawl here and he’s actually been here for 30 minutes already. He’s got two little darlings sitting with him and he’s on one of his ‘mission’ nights I fear. He’s already at 2200 checkbin and the drinks are being ordered at a cracking pace. A couple more bottles for me and I realise that I haven’t eaten today, so I guess I’m going to be in a pretty bad way by the end of the night.

Next stop is a drink where you want hour in Soi LK Metro. LordFlash says that the last few times he’d been out thi sway, Storm Bar on the corner had a few pretty girls working, so that’s where we head, but the pickings are meagre this evening so we decide not to bother. So a decision has to made, Beer Bar, GoGo Bar or BJ Bar? GoGo bar it is, so three of us enter Gorkles (what is a gorkle?).

We sit up at the bar and whilst there aren’t many girls in the place, #14 does look particularly fine. Whilst drinking my beer, the Mamasan turns up at my side and thrusts a girl towards me. I am not happy with this approach, so decline the offer without having even looked at the girl. She’s huddled up in a baggy sweatshirt and doesn’t seem too interested anyhow.

The record finishes and a new girl appears on stage. It’s a little waif of a thing and now there’s no sweatshirt, just bra and panties and I am smitten. I guess I should have paid more attention earlier and taken the Mamasans advice.

After a few tracks, she finishes and when she comes off stage, I’m unsure whether she’s going to come my way, or having spurned her before, maybe she’ll go over to the couple of guys sitting on the other side of the stage who have also shown some keen interest.

I’m the lucky one and I have been granted a second chance, so I buy her a drink straight away and we take it from there.

Our hour is already up and we should be off to the bar complex in Soi Dianna, however we have made a decision to return at the end of the crawl. To ensure that we are going to commit to this plan, Kevin decides that he’s going to pay barfine for me for the little darling in payment for the IT work I’ve done for him he says. I don’t complain but for some reason I am a little hesitant.

We do the rounds of the bar complex and then a flying ‘in one door and out the other’ visit to Papagayo’s and we return to Gorkles. The little darling comes to join me and #14 who is dancing comes over to the stage and announces “Little sister me” and points to the girl I’m with. She then says “I 18, seeter me 16”. All sorts of alarm bells are going off in my head now and my mates are also suddenly paying attention. When she sees the look of shock on our faces, out comes the “I joking. I 20, sister 18”. I am still not sure though and I am unwilling to even be in this girls company until I know for sure that she’s of legal age. She goes off and gets her ID card which shows a birth date of 2532, and the picture does look similar to the girl I’m looking at. The Mamasan has also become involved by this stage and she also says that the girl is definitely 18, so we head off into the night on a scooter taxi and I’m at it again just taking a girl straight back to my home. I wonder whether I have some inner desire to be caught out by A or I am just too much of a thrill seeker hellbent on some trail of self destruction?

Whatever it may be, things are not particularly good or exciting as the girl is just that; a slightly nervous, timid little thing. And it doesn’t help matters that I’m pissed into the bargain.

Expenditure :

Scooter Taxi – 100 baht
Baht Bus – 40 baht
Bar Crawl – 955 baht

No comments: