Wednesday 28 November 2007

Trip 4 - Day 111

November 28th

I get up and am feeling pretty lethargic. A light hangover doesn’t help matters either.

I have to go round to Kevs to investigate some problems he’s been having with his ‘net connection. When I get there, nothing can be done as he is in the middle of a power cut. After 10 minutes, the power returns and he tries to demonstrate the problem, but of course everything is working fine now. Unfortunately the quality of service for broadband connections doesn’t seem to be all it should be around Pattaya. Bandwidth is frequently throttled and connectivity to the DNS servers is often lost.

Whilst I am there, I install the soundcard drivers for the old Averatec laptop and start a new torrent download of McVicar which is Kev’s favourite movie.

Joy has gone out to get her hair done, so I have to wait for my lift home. We’re both checking out the boards for a while until Joy returns and gives me a lift home on the scooter.

I decide to start the night early at Amazing Paradise as I cannot get Nam out of my head and just want to see her again. I sit at the bar and at 19:00, Nam arrives and looks good in a black top and a long flowing skirt. We move over to the sofas next to the fishtank and in no time, she has me ‘hooked’. I say that I have to go to see my friends at Cherry Bar, but I can come back later if she wants. She tells me that she has been with “Man Hong Kong” for the past few days and she doesn’t know if he’ll be back again tonight. Our conversations are a little difficult at times as the language barrier stops us making things clear. Nam takes my telephone number and says that she will call me later to let me know, but if she does “go with man”, she says that he leaves early in the mornings, so she can come to see me at 08:00 in the morning.

At 20:30, I pay checkbin and make the short walk to the Cherry Bar. The Party is a fairly low key affair as a couple of the hosts have been partying hard since their arrival and another has had a few problems with his TGF. There has also been a run of 4 parties in the in the past week at the bar, so the girls aren’t really ‘into’ things. It’s still an enjoyable do though and I get bought a few drinks and have a laugh with both the girls and the customers.

SSA40002

It has to be said that the views in the bar beat anything that I could witness in Stansted in November.

SSA40001

SSA40005

TheFiend found a solution to getting over his girl problem and he seemed very happy with a ‘sprig’ of Mint.

Pun has managed to commandeer TalbotMan’s headwear

SSA40010

Gunshy has a message for all the hawkers that come by and hassle him

SSA40008

SSA40009

But for SparkyDave, tonight is his last in town for this trip, still he has the next two or three trips already lined up, so don’t feel too sorry for him.

SSA40011

I then find that I’ve had 3 missed calls from an unrecognised Thai number, so I assume that it’s Nam trying to get in touch. I call the number but simply get a voicemail announcement, so I am unsure what to do. I’m a bit pissed by now and come up with the bright idea that I’ll take Nam to the Penthouse Hotel and ‘sod the expense’.

I borrow 2000 baht from Kevin and after thanking the party hosts, I leave the party and go back to Amazing Paradise. Nam isn’t there so I just sit at the bar and talk with one of the other girls. When Nam arrives, I kiss the girl on the cheek and I leave her so that I can be with Nam.

We leave the bar and get a scooter taxi down to Soi Pattayaland and they have a room, so after paying we wait whilst the key is collected for us. As I’ve got my wallet out, I commit a typical newbie mistake and give ‘tip’ in advance. The key is given to me and we head up to our room and I’m feeling like a cat that’s got the cream.

Now as we all know, when everything is going well, Pattaya has a knack simply ‘sticking the boot in’ and tonight is no exception. Nam goes ‘into one’ and starts screaming at me “Why you kiss other lady in my bar? You want to fuck her like you fuck me? Well fuck you, you full of bullshit”. I try to calm her down and this has the opposite effect and she becomes angrier. This is a situation that I haven’t encountered before and I don’t know how to handle it at all. It’s now obvious that nothing good is going to happen tonight, so I simply cut my losses and we leave the unused room and checkout.

As a final 'stoopid' thing to do, I still end up giving Nam 100 baht for her scooter taxi home. I’ve survived the ordeal unscathed and the only damage inflicted has been to my ego.

I get home and just collapse on to the bed.

Expenditure :

Scooter Taxis – 250
Barfine – 300
Tip & Taxi – 1100
Hotel – 1300
Drinks – 430

No comments: