Wednesday 17 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 69

October 17th
h
I wake up and feel very ‘queasy’. I know that I had a few beers last night, but this isn’t a hangover and as I’m at Cherry Bar tonight, I hope that I’m feeling better than this later on.

I hang around the house for a while, but do not improve much, however I don’t feel the need to be close to the loo, so I decide to get some air. I might as well investigate the Bar Crawl route for tomorrow as it’s quit easy to get very ‘lost’.

Out of my Soi and it’s left and left again down to Dao Café

SSA40009

For those of you that haven’t been before, the ‘club’ entrance is behind the main café and pool complex.

SSA40008

Then it’s over to Soi Siam Country Club where I find Butterfly and Black Pearl 1 easily enough, (however I think that the crawl is taking in Black Pearl 2 rather than Black Pearl 1 this week).

SSA40010

SSA40011

SSA40012

SSA40013

La Guinguette is a nightmare to find. There’s a sign on Soi Siam Country Club pointing to the left stating that it’s just 1km, however the road then goes to the left and I know that it isn’t right when I end up back on Soi Siam Country Club. I try once again, this time doubling back on myself at the only junction and lo and behold there’s another signpost further on. I finally locate the place.

SSA40015

SSA40014

When I leave, I try to get back on to the main road and realise that the main approach (Soi 27 of Soi Siam Country Club) is being dug up and I guess that the signs have simply been relocated without changing the distance indicators.

I send Hammer a text warning him about this, as I suspect that it could cause problems tomorrow and whilst “Road Closed” signs don’t usually bother baht bus drivers, I suspect even they would have difficulty manoeuvring their way around this.

SSA40008

SSA40016

I then head back home after a quick trip to Carrefour to stock up on Eggs, Bread, Pork Loin and a couple of bottles of beer on special offer (Red Horse - 25 baht for 64cl of 6.9% alcohol beer). I’m still not feeling quite right and when I get back, I have a good ‘clear out’ from both ends and then I manage a two hour nap. When I rouse I am feeling much better, but realise that I have missed my 15:00 appointment to see Kolobos, and when I log on later in the day, I respond to his PM and make my apologies.

Later I risk having something to eat and then it’s time to SSS in readiness for my night at Cherry Bar. Soi 8 is very quiet tonight and business is very slow, however from around 22:00, there’s a steady flow of BM’s coming along and I get to chat with a load of them and watch the Russia v England ‘footie’ game. Time just passes by until I realise that it’s gone 03:00. The bar is now very quiet and after checking with Nam, I decide to call it a day and head back home.


Expenditure :

Carrefour : 157.50 baht
Scooter Taxis : 130 baht

No comments: