Saturday 13 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 65

October 13th

I’m awoken at 04:30 by A returning to bed and she just puts her finger on my lips indicating that I shouldn’t say anything. She cuddles up to me and whilst I know that I haven’t been forgiven, it seems that she doesn’t want to simply finish things at the present time.

When we finally awake, I ask her to telephone the landlady to get the air con sorted out. The bad news is that air con is not covered under the tenancy it seems. If we want it repaired, it’s “Up to us”, but we are given the number of a local service company and A gives them a call.

I'm running short of cash, and as it's a Saturday, the local bank isn't open, so I make a trip to Tukcom where the banks are open and cash £200 of Travellers Cheques.

The air con people arrive at 16:30 and it seems that the switching unit in the outside unit has packed up, so that’s 800 baht for the part and the clearing of the filters. Then they check the Freon levels and it seems that where it should be registering as 50 ‘somethings’, it’s only 15 ‘somethings’, so a gas recharge is required which costs an additional 900 baht. The end result is that the system works properly now and the bedroom is cooled within a matter of minutes.

We have decided that we shall eat a buffet ‘at home’ tonight, as A cannot really relax if we go out due to needing to keep an eye on Phil all the time, so A heads off to the market for all the ingredients. When she returns, we spend the next hour cutting up various bits of ‘green stuff’ that I cannot name and slicing ‘pig’ and chicken into thin slices that can be cooked with ease.

To get the charcoal burner started, A simply ‘cooks’ a few large chunks on the gas burner in the kitchen and then transfers them to the clay pot. At this point, the rain starts once again, but rather than postponing our meal, the charcoal burner is simply brought indoors and we have an indoor barbecue and I'm certainly 'Im' (full) at the end of it.

The rain continues and I decide that with a combination of this and the domestic ‘situation’, it’s probably best if I don’t go out to Valleyboy’s party at Cherry Bar tonight, so simply send a text to Hammer askinhg him to pass on my best wishes to the 'happy couple'. I also send a text to a few other guys that I know are having a get together in London tonight.

After we’ve eaten, we decide that we’ll have an early night ourselves and even though it's only 21:30, we retire to our cool bedroom which we then proceed to warm up.


Expenditure :

Air Con Repair : 1700 baht
Food for buffet : 195 baht
Coke & Ice : 60 baht

1 comment:

Colin said...

"proceed to warm up" this is good news, lets hope it continues.