Sunday 7 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 59

October 7th

We are awoken by the constant ringing of A’s phone. It seems that there is a family ‘crisis’ and she has to go to Sri Racha today. I ask what the problem is and she says that there has been an accident and she has to go to ‘opital’ but “if you no want me go, I stay here with you”. I say that if it’s important then off course she must go, but if she is going to be late back then she should call me. She agrees that if she’s going to back after 18:00, she will call to let me know and with that, she showers and her and Phil disappear off.

I spend a very lazy Sunday doing sweet F.A. until A arrives home just after 17:00. She’s definitely not looking too good and it seems that an ‘Aunty’ (I make little progress in determining the bloodline connection though) was returning from work at 03:00 in the morning on her scooter when she was hit by a car driven by a drunk Thai. Her 10 year old son was killed instantly and “They take Aunty to ‘opital’ for her to die there later”. It seems that she was only one Soi from home and the driver when apprehended didn’t know that he’d killed anyone. I’m told that she will be taken to Buddha on “Day 4 in the morning”, so I’m guessing that this means there will be a funeral on Thursday.

On top of this, A is now suffering a bit with her usual 4 weekly cycle and after having something to eat, she gets Phil to sleep and then heads off to bed herself.

Expenditure :

0 baht

No comments: