Saturday 6 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 58

October 6th

I’m awoken to the sound of tapping on the bedroom window. It’s A; she’s returned home and needs me to unlock the door to let her in. I look at the time and see that it’s only 08:30 and I really am not ready to wake up but it seems I have little choice as A has arrived with food “Eat now!”.

The morning passes with A doing several loads of washing, however by lunchtime we grab some time to sit and talk. The biggest concern that she has it seems is how she will manage if I’m not there as she is not working the all night shifts now with having Phil stay. (This months pay is 12,000 baht)

It seems that she’s also getting told that I don’t want to stay with her as “I not care for you good” and “I only want money you”, but when I ask who is saying this, she will not say. I try to reassure her that I want to be with her, however I want to see her laughing again and not sad. I ask what I’ve done wrong and she says that it isn’t my fault, it’s because she feels tired after working and travelling every day. She then says that she knows that I want to “be with lady more” and once again she goes through the “Is okay; I leave and you can have lady new” which I tell her I don’t want to happen.

Then she says, “I cannot do for you all the time, I understand if you go with other lady sometimes, but if I stay here, you not bring home”. Now whilst this isn’t exactly what I had in mind, it does have certain advantages.

We get no further talking as she has to sort out food for Phil and I go to the local shop to get more Coke. We do agree that tonight we’ll go to the Thai Buffet near Big C for a change.

Later in the afternoon, it becomes a race against time, to get the washing dry before the heaven’s open and there is torrential rain with the Soi looking more like a river than a road. It doesn’t last long though and once the rain ceases, the road dries up very quickly. A gets a call from Kye and tells her where we will be eating tonight, and it’s agreed that Kye & Robin will join us (assuming that the rain holds off).

By 20:00, we are all sitting down with the hot coals burning in the middle of the table and the ‘broth’ just starting to oil. There’s plenty to eat, however Phil is more interested in playing on the swings and slides and A is distracted keeping an eye out on him rather than being part of the group. It’s a ‘no alcohol’ day for me today as I feel that a total break is a good idea and so we only have a big bottle of Coke and a big bottle of Coke between us.

Expenditure :

Coke & Ice : 70 baht
Thai Buffet : 300 baht

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So this is where the blog has ended up. Thank god i've found it. I was in withdrawl. Good to see that you are still going strong thier mate. Hope for your and A's sake that this is just a minor speed hump in your journey togeather. She is a sweet, sweet girl and you two are really good togeather. Hope to catch up with you again in Feb mate. Keep the faith brother!!!