Tuesday 2 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 54

October 2nd

A pounding head signifies the start of another day in Pattaya. I get up and simply go through the motions of sorting out tea and toast before heading over to Kev’s place for a swim to clear the head.

It works and I feel close to normal once more, however the day is disappearing quickly and it’s 15:30 already. I spend the late afternoon writing up the TR, and reflecting on what has ‘gone wrong’ between myself and A. We need to resolve some issues, but it is not going to be possible this week I fear, as we are operating on totally different timescales.

At 17:00, I head back and A returns home at 18:10. By the time that she’s showered Phil and we’ve eaten, it’s too late for a real ‘heart to heart’, however we do get a few minutes to talk and A is obviously not happy with the situation either.

She feels that I’ve been too distant and not been talking with her which has some validity. She says that she and Phil will spend a few nights with Auntie in Sri Racha and we will talk about ‘everything’ on Saturday. I tell her that I hope we can sort everything, as I want to see her happy again and not sad. She says if I want ‘lady new long time’ that it is okay and she will leave, but I tell her that isn’t what I want, however I don’t want her to be unhappy either.

It’s something we need to resolve, but there is no time to discuss anything else tonight. I have to SSS to get out to Cherry Bar as I have made a commitment to Hammer to be there five nights this week whilst he’s away in Cambodia.

When I arrive at the bar, Andursch is already there as he’d come to pay the balance on his checkbin which was a mighty total it has to be said. (It’s the largest single person checkbin that I’ve seen in all my time in Pattaya). He start the night by ringing the bell once again, but he doesn’t stay long as he says he needs to head off and eat.

Kuranda Bagman arrives and he’s now ‘alone’ as his girl of the past couple of weeks has gone to Bangkok to meet up with a ‘regular’. He’s unsure of what he’s going to do tonight, however he suspects it will involve Walking Street and GoGo bars. Andursch then arrives back at the bar and says that he couldn’t be bothered to eat much. He’s reminded by me and Kuranda Bagman about some of his ‘antics’ from the night before and I’m relieved to discover that I’m not the only person that suffers with ‘mental blank spots’.

Tonight is not a tequila fest, but instead the B52’s are flowing like water and once again the alcohol intake is much higher than it should be under ‘normal’ circumstances. The night passes quickly and there’s a lot of laughing at the bar and as it’s reasonably busy, the girls are happy. Pun tells me that she’s going to be working at the bar a bit late tonight, but I am welcome to a lift home when she finishes at 05:00. As it’s nearly 04:00 already, I accept the offer and finally leave the bar at 05:15.

Two nights completed and three more to do.

Expenditure :

Toilet : 5 baht

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that was a cheap day, cool