Friday 5 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 57

October 5th

I wake at just after midday and after ahowering, I just go and sit outside with a cup of tea and a book. After a couple of hours I decide that I’m feeling peckish but I don’t know what I want. I decide to prepare some deep fried chicken at home, so I mix up a tempura batter and open a bag of breadcrumbs. Eight small chicken drumsticks are prepared and I eat three for lunch and I have the rest before going out in the evening.

Back to my reading and when the sun goes down, I move inside and iron a shirt in readiness for tonight.

I speak with A on the ’phone and she confirms that she’ll be coming back home in the morning but she doesn’t know what time she will be arriving. I have to admit that I’m missing her and whilst my stint at Cherry Bar has been fun, just one or two nights a week out is sufficient for me and I really don’t know how Hammer does it.

At 19:45, it’s time to get to the bar again and by now the local scooter taxi drivers are becoming used to me doing this trip and there’s no messing around. I jump on the back of the scooter and they take me to the corner of Klang and 2nd. I actually enjoy getting off here, as it means that I walk the length of Soi 8 and can see how busy the Soi is and whether there are any parties on at any of the other bars.

It’s a very quiet, but there’s one bar near 2nd all decked out in balloons, so there’s at least one party taking place.

I arrive at the bar and business is slow. A few groups turn up but they are bar hopping and only stay for one drink and a couple of BM’s drop in to say goodbye as they are leaving on either Saturday or Sunday. Tonight the main interest for the girls is playing dominoes to kill the time, however the downside of this is that they aren’t quick to respond to the customers when they do arrive. For the first time, I see the bar next door (Planet Bar) actually doing better business than Cherry Bar, but this is due in main to a group of half a dozen that have settled in for the night.

Andursch comes over to the Bar to say hello to everyone, but he has a girl at Best Bar that he is spending some time with, but he is extremely generous to the Cherry Girls and after buying a round of drinks for them all, he leaves some cash with Nam for a further round of drinks later.

I stay at the bar until around 04:00 and when I say that I’m going to go home, Pun once again makes arrangements and the same guy as last night arrives for me. When he drops me off tonight though, I insist that he takes 100 baht for his trouble.

Expenditure :

Scooter Taxi : 150 baht

No comments: