Sunday 30 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 52

September 30th

Today is the birthday of A’s nephew ‘Fim’, so there’s a family ‘do’ and the invite is not extended to me. I’m told that A will be staying over, so it’s a bit of a disappointment as she’s not going to be around tomorrow for my birthday and then in the evening I’ve got the first of five nights at the Cherry Bar as Hammer has gone off to Cambodia for a visa run and a bit of a holiday.

Once A leaves, I have a bite to eat and then go over to Kev’s place to take advantage of his swimming pool and his ADSL connection. Whilst there, I’ve also been asked to check the fridge as on a previous return, Kev was welcomed to the condo by a seven week old decomposed fish.

I get a scooter over to his place and the key to the gate works fine, but there is an outside grille to the door for which I don’t have a key. Not a major problem though as I just go next door and the landlady comes round and unlocks it for me.

The task for today is to get the remainder of my TR posted to blogger.com and whilst the task isn’t difficult, it is time consuming just changing the BBCode tags to html and doing a bit of basic editing for each entry and it ends up taking me several hours to get everything done, (I do break off to watch a bit of ‘footie’ on the box), however with ‘DMX Classic Rock’ playing in the background it’s not too bad.

Before leaving later in the evening, I do remember to check the fridge and it is just as well as I don’t think six week old milk would be a pleasant ‘welcome home’ treat for Kev. When I get back home, I feel quite lonely for the first time since I arrived and consider going out somewhere, but decide that I’ll just have a beer sitting outside and reading for a bit.

It’s going to be a strange week as I’m only going to see A for a couple of hours in the evening each night and that is going to be when Phil is around, so it’s not going to be a particularly intimate period, but it’s something that I’m going to have to put up with as there’s no way round it. Being out for one or two nights a week as I am at present should be fine, but every night on a regular basis would simply not work out.

By 23:00, I’m starting to nod off, so I call it a day, lock up and turn in.

Expenditure :

Scooter Taxi : 50 baht

No comments: