Friday 12 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 64

October 12th


‘NEVER carry on a telephone conversation with a Thai Girl when you can’t fully understand EXACTLY what she’s asking and you’re suffering from a hangover’
After leaving Noi’s bar, I stop off at 7/11 to get a phone top up and more essentially a bottle of Red Bull. As I’m up and dressed, I don’t stay at home, but simply grab the laptop and head off to Kev’s place. The plan is to get the TR posted, update the Blogger site with some more Trip 1 content, have a swim and then head back home at around 17:00 in time to meet A.

As with just about all Pattaya ‘plans’, this one is also doomed. A calls me at 13:00 and the line is poor and I can hardly hear her. I’m unsure what she’s saying but she then shouts down the phone “You lie” and hangs up. A combination of a guilty conscience and a hangover do little to alleviate my worries, so I call her back and she says “I know you not at home”.

I make the assumption (wrongly as it turns out) that she somehow knows that I didn’t get home last night, so tell her that I was ‘mau’ last night and I sleep in bar. More shouting and she hangs up again, so I call her back and she says that she knows I’m not at home as she is there now. Of course then she seizes on the ‘sleep at bar’ comment and won’t let it go.

(Whilst I’ll avoid telling the truth sometimes, I try not to actually lie and when A starts asking very direct questions, she gets to find out that I ‘go wid lady’ last night.)

I tell her that I’ll be home in 10 minutes and we can talk.

The talk was not the most pleasurable experience of this journey to Pattaya, however it did ensure that a number of issues that hadn’t been discussed openly in the past were brought in to the open. I’m not going to go through them all here, but suffice to say we get more resolved than we did from our ‘chat’ at the weekend. The end result is that I am left in no doubt that I am NOT free to butterfly as had been intimated, however A also understands a little more why I was not ‘happy’ and I guess we both need to decide what we want to do.

The rest of the day is spent quietly and I’m unsure as to where we go from here, so I’m not pushing anything and will simply see how things develop.

That night, we go to bed early and discover that the air conditioning unit has packed up. The night is hot and sticky, so does little to help tempers and eventually A says that she cannot sleep, so she goes and shares Phil’s room (he has the use of the fan).

Expenditure :

Phone top up : 100 baht
Red Bull : 10 baht
Stall food : 95 baht
Coke & Ice : 60 baht

3 comments:

weescotsguy66 said...

Does, that mean you will stop butterflying or just not own up to it so easily.

Yes if she has not been lubbin you so much then tell her it all her fault, man cannot live on bread alone

Skygod said...

Does, that mean you will stop butterflying or just not own up to it so easily?

A good question and I don't really know. One part of me says that I'm not married, so why not? Another says that if I want this to be a meaningful relationship then I musn't.

I musn't ever 'own up' again though.

Colin said...

Mate, you've got to keep your gob shut...lol, she'll cut it off if your caught again. But I agree she must understand you have a need, considering where you are, its easy to satisfy your needs.
Take care.