Thursday 25 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 77

October 25th

I awake early feeling pretty lousy with a sore throat and a runny nose. I manage a bit of breakfast and then head over to Kev’s to update the Blog and have a quick Messenger chat with Kev. His back is still playing up, but he has wangled it that he can get the treatment done in Pattaya rather than Kuwait, so he has sick leave and holiday leave for his next trip.

I don’t feel any better by lunchtime, so I just head back home to grab some shuteye and hope that I’m feeling better this evening as it’s the GoGo crawl and they are usually good fun.

I get home and stick the TV on and lay down on the sofa, but before I manage to fall asleep, there’s a call of “Jarge” from outside. It’s Kye (Lady from #2) and she’s turned up to collect the buffet cooking ‘ring’. She’s spoken to A and she knows where it is, so she heads past me and into the kitchen where she rummages around and then reappears clutching the utensil.

As she’s about to go, she points at the rear wheel of the scooter and I look to see what she’s pointing at. Damn! The rear wheel is flat and a closer inspection shows a shard of glass embedded in the tyre. Once she’s gone, I push the scooter to the repair place which is thankfully only opposite the end of our Soi and the chap there inspects the tyre. He tells me that the tyre is too badly damaged and needs to be replaced as well as having a new inner tube, so it’s 580 baht for the tyre and 120 baht for an inner tube.

When I get home, I finally get to grab my ‘nap’, however it ends up as a sleep rather than a nap and I don’t wake until 21:00 which means that I’ve completely missed the Bar Crawl. With the way I feel, that’s maybe not such a bad thing to be honest. I have a single bottle of beer then have a shower and just go to bed.


Expenditure :

Scooter Tyre : 700 baht

No comments: