Saturday 22 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 44

22nd September

A is feeling a bit groggy, so she's arranged for 'brudder' to drive from Sri Racha to pick her up and take her to work this morning. She leaves a scooter key with Kye though as it seems that she's going to start taking bits and pieces over to the new place. Pots & pans disappear as do plates and then the racks for the plates go as well. It's unreal seeing quite what can be loaded onto just a single scooter and when all the teddy bears make the journey, I'm annoyed that I cannot locate my camera to capture the event.

In the evening, A calls me to say that she will not be back tonight as 'brudder' is working and cannot bring her to Pattaya. Just after being informed of this, Kev calls to say that he'll be at Noi's Bar tonight if I 'fancy a few'.

At Noi's in the evening everything is very civilised with Kev, Joy & myself playing dominos (English Double 6, none of this weird Thai rules Double 9 stuff) until we're joined by BM Dacah. The conversation is good and Dacah has the Irish gift of being able to tell great stories. Lots of laughing (and a fair bit of drinking) takes place and I settle my meagre checkbin of 280 baht, (however I'm told the next day that I'd forgotten that I'd paid and proceeded to search through the napkin holder for my checkbin). On the walk home, I decide to buy some fruit and buy oranges and bananas from one of those stalls that I've yet to see closed.

Expenditure :

Nois Bar : 280 baht
Fruit : 100 baht

No comments: