Friday 21 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 43

21st September

Another morniing waking up and feeling like death when I'm woken by A. We're off to go and buy 'stuff' today. We need a tabletop cooker it seems and this needs to be connected to a gas bottle using a different regulator than we have on the bottle top burner that we have at present. We also need to top up on basics such as rice and then there is the cleaning 'stuff' as well, but she wants to eat at Big C first, but not the foodhall today. She wants to eat in MK for a change so we do that.

Before heading over to Kev's, I get A to stop at the 'English Bacon & Sausage' shop as Kev wants a couple of kilos of sausages for the barbecue he has planned for the weekend and half a kilo of bacon. A takes me over and it has to be said that neither myself or Kev is really 'with it' today. It seems that we both fell asleep in the taxi home last night, but Joy remembered where I lived, so I'd been dropped of at about 01:45.

A telephones in the late afternoon and asks if I'd eaten. I confirm that I haven't eaten (It really wasn't high on the list of things to do today) and I'm told that we've been invited to eat with Robin & Kye at #2 tonight. Joy gives me a lift back and when I arrive, A and Kye are busy getting barbecue sticks of 'pig' and prawns ready to cook.

We go round to the 'new' place where the paperwork is all signed and the unexpected expense of a deposit is paid (15,000 baht) then back for the barbecue.

A is really in 'the wars' though; thankfully she seems to have fully recovered from the pain in her side, but now she has the 'snuffles'. She's sneezing, coughing and has a headache, so we cry off early from the barbecue (I really didn't need a night on the whisky & soda tonight anyway)

In bed by 23:00

Expenditure :

MK Restaurant : 305 baht
Big C supplies : 2700 Baht
Gas bottle, piping and safety regulator : 1700 baht
Deposit on house : 15,000 baht

No comments: