Thursday 20 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 42

20th September

Nam sees me in the afternoon and asks me how much I spent on the scooter taxi to get home last night. I say that I'm not sure (I haven't checked my wallet). She says that she told me I should only pay 50 baht, but I think I must have paid 100 baht (either that or I went to the toilet an awful lot last night).

I'm still feeling pretty 'iffy', but it's the FLB Bar Crawl tonight and we're all fairly certain that the winning location will be Soi 8 / 9 in 'celebration' of Adam's birthday yesterday. It's no surprise to hear that it wins by a landslide.

The first stop (after the FLB of course) is the beer bar complex at the end of Soi 9 where I soon realise that Kev is in the mood for a drink tonight as he downs 3 Vodka / Coke Light (Diet Coke to the rest of us) in around 30 minutes before we're summoned to pay checkbins and move on to the GoGo at the 2nd Road end of Soi 8.

I've walked past the place many times without actually stepping inside and I am very pleasantly surprised. A few pretty girls dancing (and a few pretty service girls as well) and at 100 baht for a Singha, it's not too bad for a GoGo. Have a couple of drinks there, then it's time to move on once more.

We all troop out and across the Soi to Party Bar. We're met by the host and I suspect a phone call is made, as the scooters suddenly start arriving and the bar is filling up with girls. I'm bought a beer by a BM (whose name I sadly forgot to note down) and we are also given a shot of what looks like a B52 but actually turns out to be an Irish Coffee (and very tasty indeed) by the bar management. For the short time that we were there, they certainly did everything possible to look after us.

Onwards to a bar beer complex in the cut through between Soi 7 & Soi 8 then on to the Prince Hotel complex to what should have been Sam's Bar, however a few of us somehow ended up settling in at Cherry Bar instead.

We were not allowed to stay there though and we went into the new Rolling Stone 3 bar next door which was very 'pleasant' with some good company. Then came the Oasis Coyote GoGo where things started to get 'messy'. For all their talk of not having ANY gay tendencies, Kev & Hillbilly were very close to having their tongues touching. (I'll leave it for one of them to 'explain')

Then it was on to Cherry Bar to finish or was that to 'be finished'. Whatever, I am grateful to Kev's Joy for picking us up in the taxi and getting us to our respective homes. At least we managed to avoid getting a soaking which was the fate suffered by at least one other 'crawler'.

A bloody good bar crawl and thanks to MM / Hammer for organising it and the other BM's for making it so much fun.

Expenditure :

Bar Crawl : 600 baht

No comments: