Sunday 16 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 38

16th September

We all awake and have a late breakfast before A takes Phil back to sister.

I take the opportunity to update my TR and read my all my messages. My connection today is better than it has been of late, so I'm actually reasonably productive, however I think that the online Microsoft Live Basics website is going to be totally impractical over a dialup connection and will have to wait and be maintained only over a broadband connection.

I shall look at registerng a couple more domains and simply host some sites within my existing space at Demon. I have also been offered some additional hosting space which I will use later if necessary.

At 14:30, A returns and she appears in the doorway looking like the proverbial drowned rat. Her clothing is soaked through and she is not a 'happy bunny'.

She showers (no hot water here though!) and gets dressed in dry clothes but doesn't take kindly to my laughing about her 'misfortune' and I get 'boxed' about a bit. Our planned trip to Big C is postponed because of the rain, so we grab some barbeque from the cart that comes every afternoon and then simply get some meat out of the freezer to 'improvise' an evening meal.

I end up with 'open' toasted sandwiches (toast; sandwich spread; lettuce; tomato topped with thin slices of fried 'pig') and A has a simple rice 'soup' with boiled eggs.

Later in the evening, I do venture out just to the end of the Soi to get Coke & water, however I add 3 bottles of Chang and a bag of ice to the shopping list and return to the room.

A is complaining about a pain in her side (not me!) which is really troubling her, so all discussion regarding Phil is put on hold and she just heads off to bed at around 20:00. I listen to some music; drink my beer and check out the boards and hope that it's nothing too serious.

Four bottles of Chang later (oops!) and I'm certainly ready to crash out as well, so it's lights out and the end of a fairly quiet Sunday. Nothing resolved, but no decisions made either.


Expenditure :

Money for Phil for ice cream & sweets next week : 100 baht
Barbeque : 50 baht
Chang : 100 baht
Coke, Water & Ice : 76

No comments: