Wednesday 19 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 41

19th September

A heads off to work and says that even if she doesn't work tonight, she'll stay in Sri Racha as she is still hurting and she knows that I will be out tonight.

As I start my cooking my afternoon meal, I realise that the coconut milk is taking a long time to reach the boil. Well, that would be because the gas bottle has run out. Kye from #2 takes the bottle from me and asks for 100 baht for the refill. 5 minutes later, she returns and lunchtime food prep continues.

In the early evening, I'm a bit peckish, so when the barbecue stall comes round at 17:30 I indulge in a furter 30 bahts worth of food.

That night as I'm setting off to the Cherry Bar, Kye in #2 says that she's going to pick up Robin, so she can give a lift into town. She drops me at the corner of Pattaya Klang & 2nd Road, so it's only a short walk to Soi 8 for me tonight.

The night in the Cherry Bar was a good one. Nui started on the spin the bottle again and the first bottle of Sang Som was seen off in less than 30 minutes. Casper UK then decided that it would be good fun to buy another bottle (and another..... and another... ). Needless to say the evening became complete carnage, but for a midweek evening in Low Season, it had been fairly busy. The 5 (large) shots of Sang Som had certainly taken their toll on me though.


Expenditure :

Gas Bottle refill - 100 baht
Barbecue cart : 30 baht
Coke & Ice - 80 baht
Scooter Taxi - 100 baht? (calculated from a process of counting back)

No comments: