Friday 14 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 36

14th September

A heads off to work and I suspect that she'll be away tonight as she knows that I'll be out at Cherry Bar. It's a fairly lazy day and as I'm not that hungry, I just fry up some thin slices of pork loin and a couple of eggs which I have with a chunk of the french bread and that's sufficient for me.

I speak with A at 16:00 amd she confirms that she'll be away tonight and then around 18:30 I get a knock on the door and open it to find Nam, Pun & Tai all there. They are just checking that I'm going to be at Cherry Bar tonight. Of course I am (!); they decide that they will be leaving at 20:15, so I should be ready for then.

Before I leave, I get a text message from Adam "Hope you get drunk tonight", so I have a cold bottle of Chang before heading off. I travel to the Bar with Tai and Nam travels with Pun. When we get to Soi 8, it's once again pretty deserted, but I am getting used to this early in the night now.

I'm hoping that a few BM's make it along to the bar tonight as it's been publicised that there is a free glass of Singha draft for those that make themsleves known. I forget to write the names of all the BM's that turn up, but they include Tomski808, Whitespider (and his wife), Dimples (and a guy he did his teaching course with), Progrocker, Pattaya Man (?), Karunda Bagman, Skate (?), Hutch, Big Pete and Cool Kangaroo as well as a few other guys who were not members of any board including Harald, Steve and Eric (apologies to those whose names I have probably missed).

I get around and manage to at least say hello to everyone and have a bit of a chat with a few of the guys. It was good to see that several of them had already met up the previous day on the outing to Ban Chang, so they were getting to know each other a little better tonight.

By around 23:00, most of them have left though, so there was little point in opening the bottle of tequila that Hammer had left to be drunk. One of the BM's has spent the night sitting. chatting and generally looking very happy with Jeeb and I'm convinced that he's going to pay barfine again as he'd paid barfine the previous night and tonight was to be his last night in town this trip. But it appears that he's decided to spend it alone, so he pays checkbin and disappears into the night. He'll be back in June next year and is planning a three month trip then, so good luck to you in that my friend.

As the customer count dwindles, I settle down for a chat with Karunda Bagman and we chit chat about the 'old days' in the computer industry and he generously buys me a few beers once again. He isn't staying too late tonight as he's heading back to Metro apartments to watch the rugby. (It's also shown on the TV's in the Cherry Bar, but to be honest as an Englishman, I wish that it hadn't been)

Down to 4 customers now, so I get them all a drink and when they've finished, two more leave, however it's around 03:45 now, so it's time to head on back to home. The girls arrange my transport and I'm going with a guy that isa friend Pun and Nam says that she'll see mne back at the room.

I'm tired , but not drunk so I sit on the sofa and send a text to Adam "Totally failed to get even merry, let alone drunk. The tequila is intact." and then proceed to fall asleep on the sofa.


Expenditure :

0 baht

No comments: