Monday 10 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 32

10th September

A goes off to work and it's a day that I really do very little other than sit on the PC. I've grown somewhat accustomed to the speed now, but trying to create a website on Microsoft Live is proving to be too much and I decide that this will have to be written offline and then uploaded when I am at Kevin's place and have the benefit of ADSL access.

In the afternoon, I decide to have a sandwich and I realise that I'd forgotten to buy any butter the previous day. A trip out is required, so I also plan to buy a half chicken from the stall just past Noi's bar and I can pop into the 7/11 there to get the butter.

As I pass Noi's, Casper UK is sitting out front, so I have a chat with him and it seems that he's off to Bangkok for a few days, so he won't be at the curry night on Tuesday or the Ban Chang visit on Thursday (Ban Chang is a self imposed 'off limits' destination for me this time).

Unfortunately, the chicken stall is not open, so I just get my butter and head back where I buy the 'good ol' fallback' of barbecued chicken and sticky rice from the stall at the end of our Soi for the princely sum of 25 baht.

The night is spent watching a couple of DVD's and I realise that I'm 'nodding off' during the second one that I'm watching, so it's TV off, light out and an early night.

Expenditure :

Butter : 38 baht
Barbecue chicken & rice : 25 baht
Mama allowance : 1000 baht

No comments: