Wednesday 12 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 34

12th September

I get a lift from A to Kevin's place and I spend the morning monitoring his Internet connection and checking the router logfiles. The router and the access point seem to be 'behaving' and the problems are with the ADSL line itself with several entries reporting line state changes from Up to Down.

Also, as I'd installed Office 2007 on the laptop PC the other day, there are now many Mb's of Microsoft patches and updates to be applied and even with the benefit of ADSL, this still takes several hours to download and install. Whilst the download is taking place, I take advantage to use the pool and as I'm laying out on the airbed, I realise that this is the first time I've actually been in a swimming pool in all my time in LoS.

Joy has been away all morning clearing stuff out of the condo and she arrives back in the taxi bus, but she is not alone. She has co-opted a friend to help in the removal of stuff and I can confirm that this woman is a bloody expert when it comes to stripping a condo clear. (It's Ann of Trip 1 / Trip 2 'fame'). I am civil, but just don't talk to her as there is nothing I want to say, however I do choose to stay out by the pool rather than sit inside with her being there.

Later in the afternoon, Joy takes Ann home on the scooter and myself and Kev have a barbecue lunch / tea of steak, hotdogs, sweetcorn & chips which is nice, but I find that I haven't really 'missed' farang food.

I call A to see if she can pick me up from Kevin's, but it seems that she's not going to be back again tonight. She knows that there's a party at the Cherry Bar which I will be going to as I've told her that I'll be meeting BM Alleycat (who she has met before) as he is only in town until Friday morning and this is the only opportunity I'll have to meet him.

(A is often reluctant to go out to the Cherry Bar which is unfortunate as it's a place that I use, but then I don't have an obvious problem with any of the girls being 'bitchy' toward me.)

Joy finally returns at just after 18:00 and she then offers to take me home, so I jump on the back of the scooter and we head off on the new road which I notice has acquired a fresh tarmac surface during the day. We cross the first junction and as we approach Soi Sukhumvit 53, Joy tells me that she remembers where I live and turns left (instead of going straight across). I tell her that it's the next Soi along, but not to worry and to take the next right. We head down the Soi and when it becomes a dirt track, Joy is somewhat sceptical and asks how I know this way. I explain that I walk around everywhere, but I sense that she doesn't believe me until we arrive at the building I live in. She then knows where she is and how to return, so I thank her for the lift and she revs up and off down the Soi.

I get indoors and after the mandatory SSS, I get dressed ready to head back out. A then calls me and asks where I am and tells me that she is on her way back to Pattaya. I say that I'll wait for her and we can both go to the Cherry Bar together. When she arrives she says that she knows that I wanted her to be with me to see my friend and it's okay, because she says "I know you understand; it not matter if lady bar not understand".

We arrive at Cherry Bar and for a midweek party, there's a good turnout with many BM's popping in at some stage during the night; many I know and I suspect a few that I missed. Kev0184, Hillbilly, Mike100, Tomski808, Alleycat, Dimples, Spanky4star, Karunda Bagman, Ned Kelly & Bazzap.




'The Birthday Girl'



I really hope that the cake is going to be edible this week.



A potential caption competition.



A certain caption competition



The 'boys' just love to dance



And sometimes a girl will even join in.



And one of the next door neighbour as she seems to have quite a fan club

The lovely Alleycat wouldn't let me buy a drink whilst he was there and simply kept taking the slips out of my checkbin and adding them to his. (Many thanks kind Sir, you are a true gent!)

At around 00:30, we called time ourselves as A has to work in the morning and after paying my extremely modest checkbin, we set off back along Klang to Sukhumvit and home.

Expenditure :

Birthday money : 100 baht
Cherry Bar : 250 baht

No comments: