Tuesday 25 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 47

25th September

A heads off to work at just after 07:00 and I get some laundry done, but unfortunately there is nowhere to connect the machine to the water supply in the back bathroom (Need to get A to sort that out with the landlord). I then walk to Big C to get some cleaning materials and air fresheners and the little 'rag' mats to place around the place. As well as a bottle of water, a small tub of ice cream, a dozen eggs and a small loaf of bread, my expenditure is 232.50 baht ( however I did forget to get the binbags )

I get a baht bus back along Sukhumvit to save another walk and as I cross the railway line walking back along Soi Khao Noi, I hear my name being called out. It's Kye on her scooter, so she pulls up alongside and I jump onboard for the short journey back to the house.

I spend a while then getting this Blog written as I'm a few days behind and my notes will make little sense if I leave it too long. At 14:08, I get a text from Kev "Off to Noi's later". Before I get a chance to respond, he telephones and says that his 'plan' for his last couple of nights is to go to Noi's and Cherry Bar tonight and then to go to Rockhouse and FLB tomorrow night before heading off on Thursday morning. ( Another Pattaya 'plan' that has absolutely zero chance of success). I agree that I'll see him at Noi's around 20:30, however it's unlikely that I'll see him on Wednesday as I'll be going to Cherry Bar.

At 17:45, A returns home with 'Pheel' and he spends an hour investigating his new surroundings and I think he finds it difficult to understand that he has his own room and that there is a wardrobe with only his clothes in it.

For 'tea', I finish off the curry from the previous night which is apt in many ways, as it's Tuesday and 'Curry Night' at Noi's.

At 19:02, I then get a text from Hammer "You are heartily invited to the pre FLB Bar Crawl scouting trip to Jade + Jomtein tomorrow 3 pm. Can you make it?"

I reply "Not sure, as I am at Cherry Bar tomorrow night"

"Why not afternoon as well? Me, Casper UK, Dacah, Kurunda Bagman, and MM (real names swapped with board names) are going, Up To You as they say. Not worry about drink money.

I have to admit that it's a tempting proposition, however I'm still not sure that I'll go. I tell A that I've been invited out tomorrow and she simply says "Is okay. Up To You, but not get too 'mau'", so I guess that my mind is made up now.

As I approach Noi's it's busy and it seems thet Chef's mango curry has gone down a storm and been one of his best curries yet. I sit at the table with Dacah and Tony who both confirm that they are going tomorrow as does MM, so I tell Kev about it and he says that if I go over to his place at lunchtime tomorrow, we'll get a taxi to Jade and take it from there. So that's another recruit for the crawl and I suspect that as I know Kuranda Bagman will be seeing Manracer tonight, that he'll also be there, so this will be more of a 'dress rehearsal' rather than a scouting trip.

Kev, Casper UK, Dacah & MM all get a taxi to Walking Street as the 'plan' has now changed. It's to be a goodbye to the folks at FLB tonight and a goodbye to Hammer tomorrow now. I stay at Noi's for another couple of beers and chat with Mulphy and Kolobos for a short time before paying checkbin and making the short trip home.

Expenditure :

Noi's Bar : 160 baht

No comments: