Wednesday 31 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 83

October 31st

I’ve had a call from Hammer saying that as it’s Halloween, he will not be taking today off and so I have a ‘free’ night, however I do not intend doing anything ‘silly’ with the time this week.

Today the scooter is being returned to Kev’s place in readiness for Joy arriving back from Udon tomorrow, so I make a trip to Big C to get a number of supplies in including washing up liquid and fabric conditioner as well as a selection of vegetables so that I can cook for myself for the next few days. On the way back, I also stop off to buy some English sausages as it’s something that’s easy and quick to cook for a lunchtime ‘snack’. They don’t have any packs of bacon ‘trimmings’ in stock today, but I shall enquire again later in the week.

A final trip over to Kev’s in the afternoon, where I leave the scooter parked up and as I prepare to leave, I see the landlady who asks how I’m getting home. When I tell her that I’ll be walking, she says that she can get a taxi to take me. She makes a call and then informs me that it’s the husband of the cleaner. She also says that the fare will be 200 baht which is a bit steep, but I guess she used to dealing with ‘rich’ farang rather than the likes of me.

I get home and prepare a meal for myself and then head over to Noi’s bar for a few beers. When I get there, it seems that most of the guys are going to The Rockhouse as it’s Mulphy’s birthday and he’s having a bit of a ‘bash’. I decline the offer to join them as I will be out on the FLB Bar Crawl the next night. We talk about how quiet the town has been in the past week or so and the consensus is that tonight will be quite strange as there are so many parties taking place and not enough farangs to really go around. There are parties taking place at TQ2, Buffalo, Cherry Bar, Baby Dolls, Secrets and The Rockhouse that we know of and no doubt many others as well.

Once all the guys leave, there are just two customers left in the Bar along with around a dozen ladies. It’s a tempting thought, but I manage to keep the brain in the head in charge tonight and once the brain in my pants starts to take control, I call checkbin and wander home. I buy a few beers at the corner shop, but once I get indoors, I decide that a cup of tea is a much better idea really and so the beer is there for another night.

Expenditure :

Big C – 358 baht
Sausages – 90 baht
Taxi – 200 baht
Noi’s Bar – 340 baht
Beer & Ice – 110 baht

No comments: