Tuesday 30 October 2007

Trip 4 - Day 82

October 30th

I’m awoken at 05:00 by A and I wish that every day could start like this, however in the afterglow, there’s a shout from the next room. Phil has woken up and the moment is killed. A asks me if I can do the laundry today as Phil is running low on shorts and I say that I will sort it out, so by 07:00, I’ve got the first of three loads of laundry on the go. As it’s a bit overcast when I finish, I move the drying rail under the eaves of the porch before leaving the house.

First task on the agenda today is to get a haircut. I head down to the place I’ve used the last couple of times, but the lady there is busy, so I just use the next place along on the Soi. The cost is a little higher at 70 baht instead of 50 baht, but it’s okay.

Another day at Kev’s place getting updates sorted out as my access is going to be restricted shortly as Kev is due to arrive back in Pattaya in just a couple of days.

Once again, I return home at just after 17:00 and when A arrives home at 17:45, she’s brought food with her, so we all have an early meal. A then gets a call asking if she can work tonight, but she declines the offer, however there are boats to be loaded with sugar for the next three nights, so she accepts this work. 6000 baht for three nights work is money that cannot really be turned down when it’s offered.

As it’s Tuesday, it’s Curry Night at Noi’s bar, so I make the short walk and go to see who is about. It’s a very quiet night though and I just have a chat and a few beers with a couple of the regular ex-pats for an hour and a half before heading home to bed at 21:30.


Expenditure :

Haircut – 70 baht
Noi’s Bar – 220 baht

No comments: