Friday 10 November 2006

Trip 1 - Day 20

Friday 10th November
Koh Samet still

I am up and wide awake by 08:30, so I shower and go off to the restaurant for some breakfast. I telephone Kevins room from the reception desk and he says he'll be down in a few minutes.

After breakfast, he goes back to his room for more sleep (?), but I know that Nok will be fast asleep for many hours to come, so I decide to set off for a walk to see if there is anything interesting beyond the resort. Wwe discovered last night that there is nothing very interesting at the resort, so I hope this journey will be fruitful.

As I pass the beach office for Jimmy's Tours, I enquire about getting a speedboat to take us back to Ban Phe tomorrow morning. It will cost 1500 baht for the four of us, but the taxi ride is horrific and the ferry is just boring so that (Kerching - another 750 baht each added to the overall holiday cost). Yes, we will take the speedboat and I will call in later today to let them know what time we want to go.

I continue to walk up the hill, where it has to be said the view is pretty damn good.

D20-1

The main road into Ao Prao is somewhat basic(?)

D20-2

I reach the reservoir and walk right around it looking to see if there are any other roads leading off to somewhere interesting.

D20-3

Apart from a few dirt tracks, there is no sign of activity anywhere. We really are out in the middle of nowhere here and the resort pricing shows that they know it too.

So it's back to the room for 11:30 and to my surprise Nok is wide awake! (No, I lie. She is still completely out for the count. I am not at all surprised. It is becoming somewhat tedious though.) She does manage to get up in time to have some lunch as eating is the number two favourite activity after sleeping. We are all getting a bit bored now and the girls are are pining for a mobile phone signal. They are really not used to being out of reach. Over lunch, we decide to hire a speedboat to take us on a trip around the island. This will cost us 3000 baht for a 3 hour hire, so we agree to this (another 1500 baht added to the holiday register - It's so easy to do) I get my trunks on and we are off to the beach to clamber on to the boat. Kevin buys a couple of cans of Heineken each for himself and me and the boat comes with a supply of Coke, Sprite & Water. We all sit up in the bow (the sharp end) and we are off.

D20-4

The girls are much more appreciative of this mode of transport than either the ferry or the taxi, so it's big smiles all round (We have got something right).

D20-5

D20-6

D20-7

We stop at a resort to have a half hour play on Jet Skis. I've never tried this before, but am willing to try (Kerching - 1200 baht each), but the girls are not even going to consider trying this out. Kevin and me get into 'boys toys' mode and go out and have a real blast, but Kevin manages to jar his back when crashing down on a wave. When we finish and return to the shore, we find Joy having her nails done and Nok having something done to her legs. Being a bloke, I have absolutely no idea what the procedure was, but she enjoyed it.

A can of beer from the boat supplies and then it’s off again. We stop in a little cove where we are to go snorkelling.

D20-8

I have never tried this either, but agree to try. (Bad move!) After attempting to drink the Gulf Of Thailand, I get back on the boat and drink fresh water instead.

D20-9

Kevin however is floating with the fishes

D20-10

D20-11

Then it's off on the last leg of the tour and we return to Ao Prao

D20-12

D20-13
b
We return to our room where I shower and have a lie down. Maybe a bit off pre dinner entertainment? No chance, the phone goes and Nok announces that she is going out with Joy. I say that if she wants anything then sign it to the Room bill. No, we are going away from the resort. I have no idea what this means, as I found absolutely nothing when I went of wandering about earlier in the day.

I decide that if the girls have gone off for a while, I shall treat myself to a Thai massage and Head massage which is carried out by a group of ladies at the edge of the beach. This is a very pleasurable experience and very relaxing. The smells of camphor and eucalyptus are very invigorating and I am feeling very mellow now. The lady really knew how to ease out some of the knots in my shoulders and even though it was a little uncomfortable to begin with, I could easily fall asleep with this lady just working on me. I really recommend a real massage. It really does relax the body guys and it's sensual without being erotic. The only problem in having it done at Ao Prao is price (Kerching - 800 baht). What a great way this was to watch the sunset on the island beach.

I go back to the room and Nok has returned and is asleep again. I can't be arsed now, so I write a note: 'Am going to the restaurant for a few beers and something to eat. Come down when you're ready.', so at 7pm I am sitting in the lounge area of the restaurant having a cold Heineken and just 'chillin out'.Kevin and Joy appear and ask where Nok is. "In loom, sleeping" I laugh. (But I am not finding this in the least amusing now.)

The three of us go in to the restaurant and have a meal. (It turns out that Joy and Nok had gone somewhere to eat, so hadn't been gone long, whereas my massage took nearly 2 hours). I had a mixed meat kebab that was cooked over the barbeque and was served with Jacket Potato and Corn. It was very good and really hit the spot.

After the meal we moved back to the lounge area and at 10:15, Nok finally showed up. She had a single glass of orange juice and then it was time for everyone to retire for the night. We get back to the room and am feeling very loving now as I am feeling very relaxed and I've had a meal and a couple of drinks, but I am dumbstruck with the next statement. "I tired, you sleep tonight". I respond immediately with a laugh and say "You joke? You sleep all day". She counters with "I tired, you sleep your bed". I am really fucking pissed off now, so storm off to the bathroom to shower and shave and return to the room saying "Okay I sleep" I get into bed, turn my back to her and switch off the lights. She seems confused by my reaction, but I am seriously upset and pissed off now. I do not know what went wrong or why. I am very confused. Of course I cannot sleep, so simply lie in bed with all sorts of thoughts running through my head. Nok is a beautiful girl who can and has been real fun to be with. She has inspired me to improve my personal appearance and we have had some fun moments. I care for her very deeply (and as I am writing this, my feelings are still very strong for her and I desperately want to know if she is okay), but I do not understand what has gone wrong with our relationship this week. She just doesn't seem to be enjoying this week at all. It doesn't matter whose 'fault' it is, but I make it clear that having sex is a requirement not an option, but I will not force myself on her if she says no.

No comments: