Monday 6 November 2006

Trip 1 - Day 16

Monday 6th November
The golfers are seriously boring

Oh well, I should have been on the flight to Muscat this morning, but having cancelled it, I have no idea when I'm going home. This is either the best or the most stupid thing I have ever done. I guess that I'll never know the true answer to that one.

I do remember this view, but I had not captured it for posterity before, so I could not resist. Muscat or the girls of Pattaya? Hmmh difficult decision that.

D16-1

There aren't many pictures for today, as there was very little worth photographing.

Tonight at the FLB is the prizegiving for the RideHer Cup and it is supposed to be a party night. (Well I was charged a BF of 1500 baht based on it being a party). The night is a real bore with the golfers more interested in winning a stupid trophy or T-shirt than enjoying the company of a living, breathing TG trophy.

As can be seen from the following picture, the atmosphere was riveting. The guy in the yellow shirt cannot really be in a bar in Pattaya and be that miserable can he? Lighten up mate, it was only a game hitting a ball around a patch of grass.

D16-2

D16-3

The only thing that happened to make this appear to be a party was that free food was laid on. The place was full of people but with absolutely no atmosphere. If this is what golf is all about, count me out!

Not a smile in sight in this ‘Land Of Smiles’

D16-4


I remembered that I was supposed to have a meeting on Tuesday morning with a guy from my village. Better send him a text and tell him I'll be in touch when I get home. (Oops!)

D16-5

Finally! A smile! But not from one of the 'partygoers'.

D16-6

I really cannot handle all the excitement at this ‘party’ tonight.

D16-7

Even Scumbag looks quite chilled and sober tonight.

D16-8

Joy and Ann have a chat (Why do I appear to have so many pictures of Ann when I hadn't really noticed her before?). The number of customers in the backgrouind = One (that I can see) This is a really great party guys. I really must attend your 'party' next year!

D16-9

No comments: