Sunday 5 November 2006

Trip 1 - Day 15

Sunday 5th November
Kevin has final upgrade

I've already covered the start of the Day in my report for Day 14, so I shall start be posting some theories that I have about why there has been the sudden change of attitude.

Today should have been my last day in Pattaya, yet I had been asked on several occasions whether I would pay BF for Nov 6 & Nov 7. When I did so, Nok appeared genuinely happy, so I guess that she had something special arranged. Maybe a trip home, or a few days with a husband / boyfriend / child? Everyone that I have spoken to that knows her has been vehement that she is not in a relationship with anyone.

Anyhow, now that I have decided to stay and have no fixed return date, she cannot plan anything. She is caught between what she wants to do and the potential of receiving more money from me. At 2000 baht a night, she is earning considerably more money than any of her service staff friends and as we are still drinking in the FLB, she is also collecting a high level of commission on ladydrinks as well.

She will have a high status because of the amount of money that she now has and she has already shown me a brand ne bank book in which she has deposited 4000 baht.

She is 19 years old and now has a bank account with savings equivalent to around 1 months salary from the Bar and the potential to receive another 15000 - 20000 baht.plus additional amounts for clothing / food etc. Also her friends in the Bar will receive commission on the drinks that I buy them. If I were with another girl, then the drinks would be bought for HER friends. So there is quirte a lot at stake.

A lot of these theories have only been considered after the event, but I'd be interested to hear other BM comments.

After breakfast, I return to the room and Nok is confused and seems a bit upset. "Why you not sleep? Why you get up? Why you go out for food? You want old woman?" Oh shit, now she thinks that my guilt over her age is a reflection on me not wanting her. I have no chance of explaining this one, so I simply give her a big hug and respond "No, I want you"

I don't remember much about the rest of the afternoon, because once again I had to venture of to the dentist and this was going to be the 'big one' for me. I decided to go for a walk before getting the bus (This is something that the TG's really don't understand about me. Why walk when you can easily get a bus?) and set off from the hotel at around 2 pm. I take a couple of diazepam tablets and then walk all the way from the hotel up 2nd Road to the big roundabout. En route I couldn't help but laugh at this sign. What a crazy place this is.

D15-1

I get up to the roundabout and then get a private taxi baht bus to the hospital. It's only 100 baht this time, so I've saved 50 baht by walking the length of 2nd Road. I could have got a baht bus from the hotel to here for 10 baht. (Stupid farang).

I turn up at the dental clinic and I am about 25 minutes early. I am asked to take a seat and within 5 minutes I am in the dentists chair.

"Relax meester. Have you taken medicine?"
"Yes"
"Good, we go slow. Relax"

The whole procedure of six fillings takes about 50 minutes in total, with only one stop where had a twinge from a sensitive tooth. All in all, it was okay and I am very relieved and not surprisingly quite mellow.

I am asked how long I will be in Pattaya and I say that it will be for one more week, so I make another appointment for Friday to have the other 7 fillings done and possibly the two extractions. (It's amazing how brave you can be when you're a bit spaced out)

Out into the Pattaya late afternoon and I decide to walk a while before getting a bus.

More crazy wiring on Sukhumvit Road which I just find funny.

D15-2

And for a third world country, this looks very civilised

D15-3

I finally turn off the main road at the junction with Central Pattaya Road and get a private taxi baht bus back to the hotel for 100 baht again.

With hindsight, it was probably a bloody stupid thing to do, wandering around parts of Pattaya that I didn't know at all while spaced out on diazepam, but hey “It's my holiday”

In the evening, Kev and myself set off alone. Nok wants to stay 'in loom' and watch TV. 'No ploblem'!

Tonight is Loy Krathong, so Walking Street is really buzzing (and so am I a bit still!) In to FLB for a few beers, but a gentle pace. Kevin is single again and on the prowl. He spots his potential prey, but she is deep in converstaion with another farang. Damn!

The plan 15 minutes ago had been to leave and visit a few GoGo bars on Walking Street as we hadn't done this yet. All of a sudden the plan is postponed. "Let's just wait ten minutes and see if this guy makes his move?". He does make a move; he pays checkbin and leaves (alone). Mamasan Tai is called over within 30 seconds and asked if the lady would like to join Kevin for a drink. There is a brief chat and within a couple of minutes, she is sitting next to Kevin. Within another 10 minutes, she has been BF'd.

D15-4

As an aside, I found this in the bar and thought it'd make clear the BF policy for the FLB. (It doesn't apply to red badge though, which has a completely different set of rules)

D15-5

And I wasn't able to BF this red badge.

D15-6

Kevin has now lost interest in visiting any GoGo bars, so it's of to Kilkenny's (again!). I like the food as well, but I am getting a bit bored now, but I don't fancy going off and eating on my own, so 'What can I do?'.

D15-7

My phone rings, it's Nok. I can hardly hear her, so I pass my phone to Joy who tells her where we are. Within 30 minutes, in she walks. (I've never known her move this quick. What did Joy say to her?)

D15-8

After eating, it's back to FLB and the service girls obviously find something amusing.

D15-9

So, in summary, Nok was staying in (Wrong!); Kevin and myself were going to visit a few GoGo bars (Wrong!); Kevin was going to BF a stunning GoGo dancer (Wrong!)

DON'T EVER MAKE ANY FUCKING PLANS IN THIS PLACE. YOU JUST AIN'T GOING TO KEEP TO THEM!

A great night though and two very pretty girls.

D15-10

No comments: