Saturday 8 September 2007

Trip 4 - Day 30

8th September

It's Saturday and my morning is a write off due to the after effects of the Chang last night.

A arrives home at 14:15 and we spend some time just being close. Her nights away have made me realise that I do worry for her and I miss her very much when she's not about, but she earns well from the long hours and she has received a very impressive 22,000 baht this month which has been banked to add to her "I not want be like Mama when I get old" fund.

In the evening, I tell A that we've been invited round to Kevin's so that I can watch the football and/or rugby and she says that she doesn't want to go but it's okay for me to go alone. I decide not to bother, so A goes out to get some food for us as well as food and drink for 'Buddha'.




We spend the night curled up on the sofa watching Thai TV (with channel hopping) as I don't have any sports channels on the TV network in the room. Just another quiet night in which some have called an 'existence' or just 'survival', but it is a life with few of the stresses of living in the West and day to day life can be carried out very cheaply.


Expenditure :

Food : 120 baht

No comments: