Monday 23 October 2006

Trip 1 - Day 2

Monday 23rd October 2006
(King for a day)

Oh dear, what the hell? Where the fuck am I? Oh yeah, I’m in Pattaya and who is this in my bed? Oh yeah, Noi. Our ‘plan’ for the day.

We must go shopping, as Kevin and myself have come to Pattaya with very little in the way of clothes. We meet up with Chris and Nok for breakfast and then get a baht bus to Mikes Shopping Mall next to the bus station. I tell Noi that I need 3 or 4 shirts and a couple of pairs of trousers, and she should choose for me.

So we start wandering around all the stalls and are being kitted out by the girls. I tell Noi that she should choose something for herself, but I am surprised when she doesn’t seem interested in shopping. Kevin then has a quiet word and asks if we’d actually given the girls any money, because obviously they can’t shop without baht. He then tells us that he’s given Am 3000 baht, so in order that we don’t look like a pair of Cheap Charlies, we cough up a similar amount each. Thanks for that one Kevin! Really appreciated!

Anyhow, the girls go off hunting through the tops, the dresses, the shoes and underwear stalls. Right; how many of you BM’s would be seen dead shopping with your wives / girlfriends back at home? After a while in the store, I really started to feel quite nauseous and needed to get something to drink and I only wanted something like water or Coke. We get out of the shopping mall and take our lives in our hands to negotiate our first crossing of Second Road. Having managed this apparently impossible feat we head for the nearest open beer bar which turns out to be Toy Bar. I consume nothing but water for an hour or so and then feel somewhat better. I am not allowed to open my water bottle or even put the straw in as this is all being done for me by Noi.

Then it’s back to the hotel where I am showered and then off for a sleep. Hey lads, the girls are right. This shopping lark really takes it out of you.

The girls all go off in the afternoon to get ready for the evening. And we agree to meet them in the Cherry bar around 8pm. When we get there, they are all dressed in the clothes that they had bought that morning.


D2-1



We also meet Talan who has also been out shopping with Joy that morning and agree to all go for a meal together. Joy however feels that she is not dressed up enough to go out, so she goes back to the hotel to change. When she returns, we go to a seafood restaurant on Beach Road just north of Soi 7. I have no recollection of the name of the place, as we originally thought that we were going to the Pig & Whistle. (When the girls make their collective minds up, it’s not worth arguing!)


D2-2



This next photo caused a number of problems which will be covered later

Back (left to right) Tim, Kevin, Nok, Chris
Front (left to right) Joy, George, Noi, Am


D2-3



After the meal, we returned to the Cherry Bar where I proceeded to play Shut The Box (The Dice Game) with a few of the girls and I am laughing a lot with Nam from behind the bar who is really good company. Between games, I have my fingernails trimmed by Noi which seems somewhat strange to me. I have to admit that I have been extremely well looked after tonight.

Back to the hotel late again by the now familiar baht bus and Kevin has a word with me suggesting that I may have upset Noi by spending so much time chatting and playing games with Nam. He may be right, so I speak with Noi later that night and try to explain that I will not be paying any more BF for her, but I promise not to BF any other girl from the Cherry Bar. I hope that I have done this correctly, as I will continue to use the Cherry Bar and intend to take girls from other bars along with me. This ‘face’ thing can really screw you up if you spend to long trying to ‘second guess’ the Thai girls.

No comments: