Friday 17 August 2007

Trip 4 - Day 8

17th August

I awake and A I look across and see A fast asleep. She stirs and asks what the time is. I tell her that it's 10:15 and she tells me that she got home at 04:00 and has to be back at work for 12:00, so we have a little time to ourselves which is most welcome.

My stomach is feeling a little queasy this morning; I don't think it's the drink from last night, but I soon realise that I'm not going to be wandering about today as I need to be able to get to the loo quickly. I'm not overly concerned at this stage as I have had similar experiences in previous trips and I've usually been okay after a few hours.

I then realise that I've received a text message on my phone from Nok.
"What are you doing now"
So I replied :
"I am 'in room'. I will try to get to see you some time. Do you remember lady from Australia? She has a party at FLB on number 21."
Followed by an almost immediate response :
"Can you come to see me tonight?"

Rather than battling with texts, I called her and she asked if I'd gone to her bar last night. When I said that I had, she asked why as she had told me that she wouldn't be there. I said that many of us went and it was good fun and that the lady from Australia was there. She said that she remembered her and then asked me if I would take her to the party. I explained that I couldn't barfine or take her to the party as I was with someone, but that I would like to see her to say hello and see how she is.

Maybe I'm actually learning?

The rest of the day is spent doing nothing other than commuting between the sofa and the loo but at least things have settled down somewhat. I think it was a case of 'chilli overload', so maybe I'll back off on the overly spicy dips for now.

A returns home with the meal for tonight which is Pad Thai. This goes down well with a bottle of iced water.

Total expense for the day : 0 baht!!!

No comments: