Monday 13 August 2007

Trip 4 - Day 4

13th August

The morning is spent doing the laundry. The washing machine is an automatic, but because there is no tap within close distance, it is filled manually with a hosepipe. (WTF?) I say that I will get a longer hose, but am told that it's not necessary as "I can do. Is no ploblem". It really is bizarre the way that simple things are sometimes made deliberately difficult (TiT!).

Lunch is half a chicken which costs 49 baht (paid for by A), but the stall didn't have any cooked rice, so we prepare that at home. A then speaks with her boss and it seems that there is some paperwork that she needs to sign off, but if that is done, then she can have a days holiday tomorrow, so off she goes again.

Later I get a call from BM tlo asking if I fancy a beer, so of course I agree. It's arranged that I meet him at the bar that his GF works at (Pokemon Bar just off Soi 7) between 19:00 and 20:00, so I make the journey alone as A doesn't want to go out tonight. I walk down to Sukhumvit and catch a scooter taxi which costs 60 baht. The bar is deserted apart from the two of us and about 10 girls. I repay him the money that I borrowed from him in June and we chat and drink for a while. He has completed the probationary period for his job in Bangkok and now has a five year contract (and a pay rise), so everything is working out for him. He lives and works Monday to Friday in Bangkok and makes the trip down to Pattaya at weekends where he spends his time with his lady (Odet). He seems happy with his life and he looks very good on it.

Next stop on the agenda tonight is to go and say hello to BM Kolobos at his bar which is my 'local'; Noi's Bar on Soi Khao Noi. The reurn scooter taxi costs just 50 baht this time and I arrive to find the bar fairly busy. I'm invited to join the group sitting at the table outside which can be viewed on the online at http://noisbar.camstreams.com . The 'plan' was to just have a couple of beers and then make my way back home, but I'm bought a couple of beers and it's very comfortable just sitting outside, chatting and enjoying a few cold beers. I finally get home around 02:00 a little bit 'mau'.


Expenditure for the day

Sambuca for tlo, Odet & myself = 290
Beers at Noi's = 700
Scooter Taxi's = 110

No comments: