Sunday 19 August 2007

Trip 4 - Day 10

19th August

First thing today is to go and buy the new wardrobe. A is not keen on the idea of 'flatpack' as the money saved is not great when you take into account the taxi cost, so we head along to the furniture store just down the Soi where we've previously bought the bed; the sofa and the gas burner. The cost is 1700 baht, but delivery is free and there's no need to curse stupid instructions when trying to assemble flatpack.

Today is also referendum day, so A is heading over to Sri Racha to cast her vote. She's also going to be spending time with Mama and Phil as well, so I don't know what time she will be returning. I end up just spending the day lazing about and the only thing that I can really claim to do is getting my suitcase emptied and all my clothes hung up in the new wardrobe. Not eactly a demanding day it has to be said.

I go out to buy some beers for the evening (3 x 66cl bottles of Beer Chang for 100 baht) and as I'm returning home, I get a call that A will be leaving Sri Racha in a couple of hours and did I want her to bring me food? I tell her that I will be okay as I've spotted a barbeque motorbike stall just entering the Soi. I go back to the room with my half a dozen kebabs (meat, chilli pepper & pineapple), beer and sticky rice and settle down for a little email sending and listening to some music from my MP3 collection.

When A arrives home, she's quite tired as the traffic has been heavy and what should only be a 25 minute journey has taken her over an hour. She's also got an early start in the morning, so she simply showers and heads off to bed.

No comments: