Monday 30 October 2006

Trip 1 - Day 9

Monday 30th October 2006
A very quiet day

The excesses of the previous day and general lack of sleep have taken their toll and it's a late start to the day and breakfast was eaten sometime in the late afternoon. We all sit around the pool and consider what we are going to do in the evening. We don't have any plans and it's far too difficult to think that far in advance.

After a couple of hours inactivity we go and change for the evening. Travelling into town on the baht bus, I realise that I've got the camera with me, but I'd left the battery on charge in the hotel room, so no pics for tonight, but to be honest there wasn't much to be seen anyhow.

As we cut through to Walking Street, Am sees a stall selling some shoes that she likes. They aren't expensive, so Kevin duly dishes out 500 baht towards any clothes purchase. I therefore follow suit and give Nok the same. They are now going to take an age choosing what to buy, so we say that we will be in the bar on the corner playing pool. Nok (Cherry) isn't interested in shopping and joins us at the pool table. Chris and Kevin aren't really interested in playing pool, so it ends up as me versus Nok. I win a couple of games and then Kevin decides that he will play me at American 9 ball. I've no idea how to play this, but after a brief explanation, I get the gist of it and then proceed to beat him twice.

Whilst the pool is going on, the two girls return with their wares. Am has a new pair of shoes and Nok (FLB) has a new top. They have also returned with a selection of foodstuffs that they all tuck into. Chris and Kevin avoid all the local food, but I just keep trying whatever is fed to me. Some of it is very spicy, but I try not to let on that I am in any discomfort. The beads of sweat that suddenly erupt from my forehead are probably a giveaway though.

After the food is consumed, it's time to go off to Kilkenny's so that Chris & Kevin can get some 'proper' food. It's still quite early when we've finished in Kilkenny's, so we miss FLB and head straight up to Cherry Bar. For a change we sit in the sofas at the front of the bar and Am makes a point of putting the bag with the new shoes on top of the table. The handbag is just dumped on the floor, but she is obviously letting the other members of the 'pack' know that she has just got a new present.

Whilst chatting with Adam during the evening he enquires if we are up for an impromptu Bar Crawl the next day taking in the sights and experiences of Soi "half a dozen". He seems to believe that the girls will not understand what he is talking about, but I have my doubts! We are to tell the girls that we are going off with Adam tomorrow to play golf and that we will be going out at lunchtime.

We don't stay out too late tonight and simply head back to the RG for another early night.

No comments: