Wednesday 15 November 2006

Trip 1 - Day 25

Wednesday 15th November
The journey home

So, where was I. Oh yes, I am leaving my room at LK Metropole at just after 5 in the morning and I am gazing at the vision of Ann wearing nothing but a big white fluffy towel and a beautiful smile with her gorgeous silky hair around her shoulders and I really don't want to leave (I am stll working out if I can get access to money so that I can stay even longer). In fact I cannot move my legs until the door is closed and I can no longer see Ann. I had seen her so many times over the previous three weeks and just paid no real attention to her, but now? I don't want to be separated from her. "Shit!" I'm 'in lub' again!!!!


It's downstairs to reception where I pay for the taxi. "1500 baht sir. You no pay taxi any more. He pay highway" I tell them that I have a girlfriend staying in the room and she will leave by midday. "Is okay sir".

Five minutes later the taxi arrives and I set off on the departure from Pattaya. There are still people out on the streets just finishing the revelry from the previous night and I really want to join them for that last drink, but I really do have to go now.

Once we get on the highway, I doze on and off and cannot get the vision of Ann out of my head. (Maybe it's for the best that I am leaving now.). I awake with the sun up and the road signs indicating that we are close to the airport. It's about 6:45 now and I have time to spare. The driver asks if I want to stop somewhere before going to the airport, but I say it's okay I will just wait at the airport. My trip is all but completed now.

As we park up, the driver asks "You pay highway charge?" I say "No. Hotel say it is all included" "Okay" The driver unloads my case and takes it to the terminal entrance where there is a trolley. I then give him 100 baht tip as he has provided a good service. ( Mr. Samran Pumkaseam (Big) Tel 01-5889884).

I can find no signs as to where the Gulf Air check in desk is located so I have to walk all round the terminal. Sods law dictates that it is right at the end of the terminal, (The opposite end to the direction I initially set off in) but I am not concerned. I am in no rush at all. I pray that a Gulf Air representative will pull me to one side and ask me to volunteer to stay till the flight tomorrow as I was asked at Heathrow (I declined then as I was too excited to get to Pattaya), but no I am checked in all the way to Heathrow. I then pay my 500 baht Passenger Service Charge and head through to the departure lounge. I have a few baht left, so I buy some cigarettes for a friend at home and then I have a cup of coffee before making my way down to the departure gate.

D25-1

Gate F6, you are the saddest sight I have seen for 25 days.

D25-2

But wait, there is no plane at the gate. Maybe it's been cancelled and we will be forced to stay another day. No such luck; 30 minutes later the Airbus arrives at the gate ready to take me away from Thailand.

D25-3

Then it's take off and I keep looking out of the window until I cannot see Thailand any more.

D25-4

D25-5

D25-6

D25-7

The trip is really over.

No comments: